Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks for the reminder.

There used to be a list of retired projects, but I removed it when I updated the thread. Once all of the results are in, it will be put out to pasture.
;)

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku4jb View Post

[email protected] has a gpu app now. It doesn't use OpenCL or CUDA, only Visual C ++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 is needed.
Updated info on [email protected] I haven't tested the GPU app yet, but I would say it is definitely a beta app right now. A little challenging to find info on the project; I don't speak Russian, so I have to rely on Google translate in the forum.

I haven't been able to join the OCN team because for some reason I can't log in to my account. I tried resetting my password, but the password reset email never arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002dunx View Post

Isn't Asteroids dead as well ?

dunx
They had some server issues over the last few months, but it seems to be back up and running now. Server Status

SIMAP has been retired. I also updated a few other items, and noted which projects can crunch on intel iGPUs. Does anyone know of any projects other than Collatz, Einstein, and Gerasim that can crunch on intel iGPUs?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Just a few projects to add.

[email protected]

CERN CMS-dev
[email protected]
SLinCA
SRBase
The Lattice Project
TN-Grid
vLHCathome

retired that I didnt see on our list

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
eOn
FreeHAL
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
QuantumFIRE
Rectilinear Crossing No.
Rioja Science
RSA Lattice Siever (2.0)
SIMAP
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
uFluids
[email protected]

·
aka Fury1184
1,375 Posts
BoincStats lists DiRT and OProject as retired.

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I should not have waited so long to get this updated.
:doh:
I am going to be at it for a few nights, but I should have everything up to date by the end of the week.

Rather than retiring projects, I have just been removing them from the listing if a project is completed. I didn't really see the point of listing all the old projects, especially when there is no active website to link to. Let me know what you guys think.

I am also working on a slightly different version of this list, but for now I will just get this list up to date.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Was wondering?

What is the policy of starting a new team on a new project?

At my old home, I was a member of the TN-Grid project, one of only two team members. it is still in testing phase but has been running for quite a while now..

I'm in the process of shifting all my active projects to the team. (making my team move complete)
thumb.gif

The project does require a password to join as it is still in testing phase. I would like to carve us out a position in the project.

I have no idea when the project will go live. (open enrollment) but when I asked to join they readily supplied the password. Seemed to me to be a pretty reliable project.

CPU only and I don't know if they will be going GPU.

Would anyone mind if I started the team?
smile.gif

Or in the alternative, would the PTB responsible start a team so I can join?
redface.gif

Linkage

Free DC page: TN-grid Stats

TN-grid is run by Research Area of Trento of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR) and currently hosted by the University of Trento (UNITN). (and supported by the Boinc Italy team)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

Was wondering?

What is the policy of starting a new team on a new project?

At my old home, I was a member of the TN-Grid project, one of only two team members. it is still in testing phase but has been running for quite a while now..

I'm in the process of shifting all my active projects to the team. (making my team move complete)
thumb.gif

The project does require a password to join as it is still in testing phase. I would like to carve us out a position in the project.

I have no idea when the project will go live. (open enrollment) but when I asked to join they readily supplied the password. Seemed to me to be a pretty reliable project.

CPU only and I don't know if they will be going GPU.

Would anyone mind if I started the team?
smile.gif

Or in the alternative, would the PTB responsible start a team so I can join?
redface.gif

Linkage

Free DC page: TN-grid Stats

TN-grid is run by Research Area of Trento of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR) and currently hosted by the University of Trento (UNITN). (and supported by the Boinc Italy team)
I'll throw some cpu's at tn-grid if you get the team started and get me an invite
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I thought I already had an invitation code for this project from when I first saw it back in 2014, but it looks like I never did get around to signing up. I am waiting for a code now, and then I will get the team set up.

*Edit* This thread is also due for an update. With 2-3 ft of snow on the way, I might have some time to get the thread up-to-date.
:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just put some more cores on tn-grid. We have an opportunity to move up while user participation is low. If it ever catches on we will have a bit of a cushion.

Also Rosetta is doing some research on alzheimers so I think I am going to start throwing some support at them.

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Big update to the list.
:D

I have scrubbed all the dead projects and removed the links to the "Inactive" projects. Many of the "Inactive" projects are either 100% dead, or have been completely abandoned with the forums taken over by spam bots. Up to this point, I was only removing projects from the list if there is confirmation from the project admin that the project has ended. I think going forward, I will remove all of the projects that seem to be truly dead and abandoned, and if they are resurrected they can be added back to the list. One more update, adding any new projects, should see this list completely up-to-date.

Let me know if you see any errors, or know of any new projects.

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Keep the info coming, and I will get the projects updated once I have everything ready to go.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts