Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i've been having a very strange set of issues i've been trying to fix and getting nowhere.

I use my side buttons to strafe left and right, i hold right click to move camera/characters head and when i need to move forward i press left click while still holding right click. (The game is WoW Classic)

Occasionally i go to hold left/right click and instead of it working as normal the input disappears and the game registers nothing, so im holding a left/right button and it isn't doing what it should. If i release the button and press it again everything registers and works fine. This happens with side buttons also

An example -
I'm holding right click to look around and want to move forward so i go to press left click and its as if the button is broken, no inputs register despite how many times i spam it or how long i leave it until i let go of right click and suddenly left click works fine again.
OR
I might then be playing and i press right click to look and instead the input ghosts and i have to quickly release and press again for it to work. This does not only happen with left and right click but also both side buttons.

An important point to note is how inputs respond when i recognize when the button is in its ''jammed'' state. If the side button jams then i can be holding it and while it isn't strafing as it should i can still use left click and right click to turn and move forward ingame BUT i cannot use left click to open bags, click to use abilitys (keybinds still work) and when i press the windows key left click will not work on the taskbar or start menu or the browser on my second screen for as long as im still holding the side button down.

The left strafe key will also allow me to move if i press it while the right strafe key is in its jammed state and vice versa. Normally if you hold both strafe keys at once you would stand still. Hopefully this can help narrow it down to where the issue lies

I've tried every conceivable thing and nothing has made a difference in fixing it so today i bought a MM710 from coolermaster as it looks ideal for me and i figured it'd be a good excuse to change from the gpro so i unbox it and get in-game and start to test things out. For this mouse the above issues with left/right and side buttons have the exact issue and it occurs more commonly when m1/m2 and both side buttons are spammed to try and make it happen also it seems.

To add even more to the mystery, it seems my USB keypad also manages to ghost my inputs when i press modifier keys on it sometimes. (it doesn't register till i release and press it again too.)

If anyone has any advice or help it would be much appreciated as im truly at my wits end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Edit: So i thought i fixed it but in actuality the issue is still there.

I thought i had fixed it by installing ''x-mouse-control'' and for the side buttons it seemed to have solved it but after further testing the issues are still there.

i also tried regediting the lowlevelkeyboardhook value from 200 to 5000 and its made no difference either.

I was told by blizz support to go to filter and sticky keys menus and i noticed had them disabled but ''Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds” was enabled. After disabling it the issue still persists however. I don't know if my keyboard modifier issue is fixed because its harder to test for and im just focusing on the mouse buttons not registering properly atm for sanity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts