Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
WAFERS MADE with the Ivy Bridge process will be mass produced later this year with products launched some time after, Intel's CEO Paul Otellini told his 13 January investor's conference that announced record revenues.
rest of article

Wow... they are completely done with the design?!?! That is quite impressive that they can manage to not only keep their tick-tock strategy but also be ahead of schedule so often. Kudos to the design teams. Guess it must be nice to have that level od cash and resources.

Can't wait to see the performance of these chips.

• Rep+
Reactions: bobby2hotty

·
Registered
714 Posts
Man I cannot wait to see the the performance and overclocking abilities of Ivy Bridge. I am trying to wait until then to upgrade.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2;12009610
Why's that?
Because look at 1366. Ivy Bridge is the replacement. A 1366 mobo + CPU is still $400+ to this day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf909;12009646
Because look at 1366. Ivy Bridge is the replacement. A 1366 mobo + CPU is still $400+ to this day.
Isn't intel moving to bigger wafers? Bigger waffers + smaller cpu = less expensive imo...

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microtom;12009689
Isn't intel moving to bigger wafers? Bigger waffers + smaller cpu = less expensive imo...
They make more money per wafer, which can translate to lower prices. However, all of the R&D and new fabrication labs for a new process, are very expensive, so this is also reflected in the price.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,087 Posts
More AMD stomping. Inb4 lol Intel fanboy. I've swapped between AMD and Intel between each build. Sorry, AMD just can't do it anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros;12009799
More AMD stomping. Inb4 lol Intel fanboy. I've swapped between AMD and Intel between each build. Sorry, AMD just can't do it anymore.
Same here, this is my first intel rig. I just cant justify spending the same amount of cash on parts for less performance.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheetos316
View Post

Wow... they are completely done with the design?!?! That is quite impressive that they can manage to not only keep their tick-tock strategy but also be ahead of schedule so often. Kudos to the design teams. Guess it must be nice to have that level od cash and resources.

Can't wait to see the performance of these chips.

Ya lot's of good news out of intel. It reminds me of that movie about the wargames from the 80's. The screens are blipping and flashing and dr faulkner says. Ya but does it make any sense.
OCZ leaving ram industry, people reporting 50 percent drops in sales in 2008 and slight improvements in 2009 while intel posts records.
I guess the formula for this success would have to be a completely made up channel of paper shell companies. They really hit it out of the park by teaming up with esys who sells lots of their stuff in duplicate fashion over several markets.
But these kinds of things have happened before. This is just how the entire napoleanic wars went. Napolean would barely defeat someone or kill half his men marching them through the dessert by not packing enough water. And then he would write big grandious flowery letters about how victorious and glorious things were. And people would pile into boats to go fight in the "described" version of his wars. He finally ran out of suckers and left them to become popsicles in russia.
So maybe the new i7 will come with an invisible friend to play world of warcraft with. The invisible friend could double you damage per second and make you totally awesome.

http://teledataesys.wordpress.com/

So let's all cheer for the gullability inside crew. Much invisible butt was kicked yet again. And many thanks for intels staunch believers. It's a team effort every deciever needs a believer.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephasteus;12010760
Ya lot's of good news out of intel. It reminds me of that movie about the wargames from the 80's. The screens are blipping and flashing and dr faulkner says. Ya but does it make any sense.
OCZ leaving ram industry, people reporting 50 percent drops in sales in 2008 and slight improvements in 2009 while intel posts records.
I guess the formula for this success would have to be a completely made up channel of paper shell companies. They really hit it out of the park by teaming up with esys who sells lots of their stuff in duplicate fashion over several markets.
But these kinds of things have happened before. This is just how the entire napoleanic wars went. Napolean would barely defeat someone or kill half his men marching them through the dessert by not packing enough water. And then he would write big grandious flowery letters about how victorious and glorious things were. And people would pile into boats to go fight in the "described" version of his wars. He finally ran out of suckers and left them to become popsicles in russia.
So maybe the new i7 will come with an invisible friend to play world of warcraft with. The invisible friend could double you damage per second and make you totally awesome.

http://teledataesys.wordpress.com/

So let's all cheer for the gullability inside crew. Much invisible butt was kicked yet again. And many thanks for intels staunch believers. It's a team effort every deciever needs a believer.
What? I'm not sure what your conclusion is, and what the link you're proclaiming between OCZ leaving RAM and Intel being excited about Ivy Bridge...? (also, invisible friend, WoW? If you have a point that's great, write it, but it sure isn't evident nor on-topic)

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,087 Posts
So I guess it looks like I'm not getting a 2600k. I'll just be waiting for Ivy Bridge.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decali;12011001
What? I'm not sure what your conclusion is, and what the link you're proclaiming between OCZ leaving RAM and Intel being excited about Ivy Bridge...? (also, invisible friend, WoW? If you have a point that's great, write it, but it sure isn't evident nor on-topic)
You're really not sure what point i'm trying to make. We've had thread after thread after thread about just how hard it is to make 40nm just how hard it is to make 32nm and people sincerely and desperately want to believe 22nm is coming and out of intel. They can't tell the truth about their financial position and you want me to believe their technical position. This kind of fraud met with such disbelief is only possible if you believe in some sort of innate monsterous superiority that doesn't make any sense.

Record sales. In a year when stuff like this happens.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gmpbsZ9H_w[/ame]

The screens are flashing the blips are blipping the alarms are going off. But does it make any sense. Is it real.

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Ivy Bridge will be my next CPU. I just hope the 22nm process is worth it.

·
PC Evangelist
47,518 Posts
Cant wait now. 45nm > 22nm is a big jump. 5Ghz 24/7 here i come.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts