Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
My motherboard is rampage v extreme blavk edition and cpu 6850k i had corsair h115i cooling and the pump died on me so i bought the new cooler from corsair h150i pro so my question is can i install the h150i right away without changing the socket cpu?because rite now the socket of h115i socked is installled..or do i have to change the cpu socket?thanks

·
Tinkers With Rigs
1,154 Posts
Have you looked at the hardware? Does it look the same?

As long as the pump/CPU block is the same style as the old one you should be fine I'd think.

Edit: The two pumps look quite different to me after Googling it. I'd say use the new hardware to be safe.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
You need to use the correct installation bracket and mount in accordance to your socket. Consult your motherboard manual to find which socket you have. Consult your cooler's manual to find which bracket and mount are required for your socket type.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to use the correct installation bracket and mount in accordance to your socket. Consult your motherboard manual to find which socket you have. Consult your cooler's manual to find which bracket and mount are required for your socket type.
yes problem is i am not at home and i need to know if i can keep the same cpu mountin from h115i and install h150 without changing the mounting..

·
Registered
180 Posts
The pump and mounting hardware is different with the 150.

I'd suggest looking at the mounting hardware that came with the the H150 and seeing how it's different. I imagine you should be able to get away with reusing the backing plate, and using the new hardware from there. New as in the mounting studs and all of that.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The pump and mounting hardware is different with the 150.

I'd suggest looking at the mounting hardware that came with the the H150 and seeing how it's different. I imagine you should be able to get away with reusing the backing plate, and using the new hardware from there. New as in the mounting studs and all of that.
agreed.

i had a failed H50 on my system and just moved to an Optimus WC block. I used the backplate from the H50 and mounts perfect.

backplate wise you should be fine is what i'm saying. as far as your front metal bracket that holds down the H115i / H150, I would suggest using the one that comes with the particular cooler, definitely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts