Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having stability issues with the latest drivers? I have a slight overclock and even when I reduce it to stock I still get crashes occasionally with the usual "Nvidia display driver has crashed and recovered" warning.

Could my cards be degrading or has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks,
GA

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
I had the same thing with my 560ti, use the 266 or 275 drivers, maybe even the newest betas

·
Registered
855 Posts
280.26 were horrible for me (with BC2)

I'm on the Beta drivers, running fine so far (except for crashes with Deus Ex)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I've had crashing issues with almost every set of drivers I've used, but the crashes are so infrequent and unpredictable that it's impossible to point fingers at the drivers, the game, or something else completely.

280.26 drivers have been 99% fine for me. I experience a driver crash once every 2-3 days in WoW - like I said, highly infrequent and unpredictable soooo hard to say. Crysis 2 and Batman have been running flawlessly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i'd say give the beta drivers a try works for me
if not you can allways switch back to the drivers you got now

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tippy
View Post

I've had crashing issues with almost every set of drivers I've used, but the crashes are so infrequent and unpredictable that it's impossible to point fingers at the drivers, the game, or something else completely.

280.26 drivers have been 99% fine for me. I experience a driver crash once every 2-3 days in WoW - like I said, highly infrequent and unpredictable soooo hard to say. Crysis 2 and Batman have been running flawlessly.

Its odd because the only game I really notice it in is WoW. Every single time I load the game up (literally without fail) it will crash within the first 2 minutes. I reopen it and am fine regardless of how much longer I game. Its... really odd

Thanks for the input guys, I'm doing a reinstall next week (oh windows...) and will pick up the beta drivers when I do, thanks!

Cheers,
GA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts