Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I have set an account as a limited user in Windows XP. It has to temporarily run as an administrator when he wants to install a program. Most of the time it works but I encountered a few cases where the programs have problems or simply doesn't run in limited user account. What can I do to fix or minimize those problems?

2. Sometimes a program installs but only install on that user, in this case, it would be the administrator, so the limited-user account can't run that program. What can I do to instruct the program to install on all users? Thank you.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Normally a program will ask you during the installation process if that program is only for you (administrator) or for Everyone else. Say everyone else and you won't have this problem, but you do have to install them under the Admin account.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx_xBLADEx_xX
View Post

Normally a program will ask you during the installation process if that program is only for you (administrator) or for Everyone else. Say everyone else and you won't have this problem, but you do have to install them under the Admin account.

If it were the case I wouldn't need ask.
It just doesn't have this option at all. That's why some programs install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.