Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about two days ago, I got bored and decided I wanted a diff OS on my netbook/notebook (m11x), something a little easier on the eyes, it was running a basic dual boot with BT4 and windows7 going thru the grub, worked fine, got a little bored of bt4 and wanted to try Ubuntu's Netbook Remix.

got rid of bt4 , used bcd(iirc) to restore the mbr or w/e to boot into windows, everything was fine and so I continued to install Ubuntu, installed it, got the drivers working (wifi, gpu, etc), now when i start the laptop it just boots straight into Ubuntu.

i deleted the oem backup partition to have a little more space for Ubuntu, and I wasn't using it really, I guess that's where the boot stuff was at for Win7, this isn't my first Ubuntu install, and i have had some issues before with reinstalling grub, Ive tried to set a boot flag on the other partitions and sudo update-grub , but nothing , can you guys help me out, thank you very much in advanced .

P.S. the Windows partition is still there intact with all y files i guess i just need to rewrite the mbr and then install grub again

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no cd drive on this, created a usb windows repair disk, ran the repair, popped up when i updated the grub, rebooted and chose windows and got me into some alienware repair utility menu, changed the boot flags around from some random 4mb partition (alienware tool) to the other main partition and ran the repair disk again and when i ran probeos it popped up, updated grub and it worked this time around, YEAH!, thanks a lot people

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.