Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys this is my first post and im new to ocing

right ive just installed a new heat sink volcano 11 xaser edition an my xp2600 + socket a board not over clocked ive also replaced the stock fan with a vantec tornado 80mm these are the only fans in my system as i can see and im getting temps of 43 c idle and 49 on full

is this ok and can i do any more to improve the air flow without putting a blow hole in

my case

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
uhh, weel u can sleeve your wires so there isnt as much air build up and restriction, but other then that, its time to whip out the dremel

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
accually ... a holesaw does better here

to check if your airflow is bad just leave the side panel off for a while

if you see significant change in temp then yes you do need some more airflow and will need to install more fans...

making a blowhole isnt bad.... but say you dont want to take everything out to doit right?

then just put a say 80mm or 90mm fan on the side panel where it should be hovering over your cpu fan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

accually ... a holesaw does better here

to check if your airflow is bad just leave the side panel off for a while

if you see significant change in temp then yes you do need some more airflow and will need to install more fans...

making a blowhole isnt bad.... but say you dont want to take everything out to doit right?

then just put a say 80mm or 90mm fan on the side panel where it should be hovering over your cpu fan

ok ty guys ill try the side pannel of for a while and might even get the old jigsaw out
and stick anouther tornado in there if i can find a good fan controller i only had the thing in there 1/2 a day and its giving me a head ache
also gonna reaply my heat sink with artic silver 5 bin waiting over a week for it now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

they sell as5 at compusa

yeh but i already ordered it online and it still ait come so i used the gunk in the bag that came with me heat sink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts