Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got me a fancy cooler, but am quite nervous about installing it

am i correct that these are the extras i need?
di-electric grease
ceramique
as5
and sealant of some sort (i'm using kneaded rubber)

the guy i got the unit from (off ebay) gave it to me with a back plate and some foam neoprene cut outs that i'm assuming go over the cpu socket.
I plan to fiddle a bit, but any help (in adding/removing those compounds or some good instructions) would be veeeeeeeeeery much appreciated

·
Registered
99 Posts
First things first read the all the guides you can so you understand fully
about why you need to insulate the board well to protect your hardware from moisture there are some posts here and on XtremeSystems Forums in the phase change sections.
There is many methods to use now including liquid tape nail varnish neoprene
"close cell" electrical grease and even rubber eraser AKA blue tac from where i am from.
You may all so need to make a head for your evap,but i recommend getting lots of knowledge about it from howtos and so on in the forums so you no what your faced with in-case you make a mistake.
You need a air tight seal around the cpu to stop moisture so look around and learn how to make 1 first

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
My recommendation is to use frostking or neoprene behind the motherboard under the backplate. You won't be needing as5, just ceramique. For the front of the mobo I recommend kneaded eraser, look at the guides on xs. If your going to use it 24/7 put grease in the socket, vasoline is easier to cleanup then dielectric so use that instead.

Hope this helps, have fun with it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts