Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Windows 7 Ult and about 200GB of other programs and was wondering whats the best way to move the OS and the important programs (while keeping larger games installed on the old HDD) to a new SSD. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post

I have Windows 7 Ult and about 200GB of other programs and was wondering whats the best way to move the OS and the important programs (while keeping larger games installed on the old HDD) to a new SSD. Thanks in advance.
Just do a new installation of windows on the SSD without the HDD plugged in first. After installation, plug in the HDD and copy whatever you need from there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinDaDragon View Post

Just do a new installation of windows on the SSD without the HDD plugged in first. After installation, plug in the HDD and copy whatever you need from there.
Yep. Just did this a month ago. Easiest way!

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts
Once you find the key you can find the iso download for windows in my guide in my sig.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can I just image the drive and be over with it? Since the SSD can hold everything I have, I just didnt want to fill it 90%.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Quote:

Can I just image the drive and be over with it? Since the SSD can hold everything I have, I just didnt want to fill it 90%.
I did that with my laptop and it was just plagued with problems, I wouldn't suggest it.

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts
Quote:

Would it be a reliable way of doing it?
it will be exactly as it is now. Only you will be on the SSD rather than HDD. Saves the hassle of reinstall too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts