Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install windows 10 on my m.2 drive because i just wouldn't be taking advantage of its awesomeness. I downloaded a tool to create a disk version of it and installed it on a USB drive. i couldn't find a non upgrade program but i'm uncertain what to do at this point, i just want to make sure. Can anyone give me specific instructions in to how to do this properly, haven't found a truly good instructions portal for how to do this.

·
Gamer
1,244 Posts
Your post is a bit hard to follow, but I'll take a shot at this. Go here for your download https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and that will create the tool on your usb you'll need for installation. If you've already had 10 installed it will automatically authenticate, otherwise you'll need a key.

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch View Post

Your post is a bit hard to follow, but I'll take a shot at this. Go here for your download https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and that will create the tool on your usb you'll need for installation. If you've already had 10 installed it will automatically authenticate, otherwise you'll need a key.
Yup hes correct. Then its a matter of unplugging every other drive to make sure youre only installing on the m.2. Make sure to go into your BIOS before doing any install to make sure its showing up under your bios. Reason for unplugging all your other drives is to make sure it installs directly to the M.2.

·
Gamer
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

Yup hes correct. Then its a matter of unplugging every other drive to make sure youre only installing on the m.2. Make sure to go into your BIOS before doing any install to make sure its showing up under your bios. Reason for unplugging all your other drives is to make sure it installs directly to the M.2.
Good info
thumb.gif

Unless I'm mistaken, he should be able to select the drive he wants it installed on. For simplification purposes I do agree just unplug all other drives.
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: bluej511

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i should of done what you guys suggested earlier but everyone took awhile to respond to this one. i finally figured out a convient way to use the samsung magician transfer software where it clones the windows from my harddrive to my m.2. i adjusted the bios to make it boot from the m.2 and now everything works amazingly quick.

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n64ADL View Post

i should of done what you guys suggested earlier but everyone took awhile to respond to this one. i finally figured out a convient way to use the samsung magician transfer software where it clones the windows from my harddrive to my m.2. i adjusted the bios to make it boot from the m.2 and now everything works amazingly quick.
Ah thats one way to do it as well. Hopefully it stays issue free. From what ive read cloning can sometimes end up giving your errors and what not. Its why i usually prefer a clean install especially if you dont have much important stuff on your OS drive.

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
On my laptop, I was just able to plug it in and go. Just put 10 on a USB and it installed just fine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

In the future this is what i'll probally do if i have issues, for now i'll just keep it as is. thanks for that, ive checked installation guides for how to do that and no one has suggested you do this yet. thank you very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts