Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im trying to install Windows 7 and I get this message that I need to install a driver for my optical drive -_-. How can I overcome this? I dont want to go buy another drive since i already have to buy ram because it died on me. My drive model number is ts-h652l

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
im guessing its a SATA drive? u got any IDE drives around? my sony sata dvd burner wasnt playing well with Win 7, I was getting SATA Raidport erros once in a while and sometimes it wasnt even recognized. I kinda just left it alone since I rarely use it.

but in ur case its way more important tho. as I said, id try with an IDE drive if u have one handy.

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by loudmusicman View Post
So im trying to install Windows 7 and I get this message that I need to install a driver for my optical drive -_-. How can I overcome this? I dont want to go buy another drive since i already have to buy ram because it died on me. My drive model number is ts-h652l
Look on the manufacturers website. Make/model of your drive. See if they have a firmwire update for it.

One of my Pioneers needed one for it to be recognized and I found it at the Pioneer website.

·
Premium Member
7,249 Posts
If you have a 4GB USB drive you should try this: how to install W7 from an USB drive.

It'll take you some 2-3 minutes to get the USB ready, another 5 minutes to copy the install files from the ISO to the USB and some 15 min to effectively install W7 from the USB key. If you don't have an USB 4GB key (or bigger) it's some 8$ at any store; don't worry about the USB's speed, the worse key will still be 10x faster than a DVD.

·
Registered
345 Posts
when I installed Windows 7 i had to install it with a SATA drive. It wouldnt work when i tried it with my IDE one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts