Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this casing yesterday, and there are NO instructions for it per say, and I'm not an expert at building systems. I would like to use the integrated fan controller, but I got no idea how to connect it. There are 3 connectors, they are all female, 2 are long and reaches the motherboard, and the other one if maybe 4 inches long and near the top right corner of the casing (facing the casing).

How do I connect those? Right now I only got the front intake and rear exhaust fan, and when my computer not doing much, I can hear the fans; if I could lower the fan speed when there's pretty much nothing going on, I'd like that very much.

(does that depend on the motherboard?)

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Connect the fans' male 3- or 4-pin connectors to the female connectors for the controller, and hook up a molex connector to supply power. Use the switch on the front of the case to choose from 5/7/12V. Simple.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a molex-to-fan cable that exists? It's not with my mobo or casing... so I need to buy somewhere else then?

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dIggl3r View Post

There's a molex-to-fan cable that exists? It's not with my mobo or casing... so I need to buy somewhere else then?
There's a female molex connector to supply power to the fan controller. How else would it distribute power to the fans connected to it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found it and plugged it for the 2 fans... and the difference in decibels is quite noticeable! At 5V there's barely no noise, I just need to be sure the cpu is cool enough at full load for awhile, just started Prime95, will see out it goes.
smile.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread, but that's exactly what i was confused about as well...Just bought this case, what the heck are the "3" small plugged connections called and what exactly are they used for? Just for the front fan and incase i wanted to install more than one fan in the front? I have the molex connected to a female plug atm setting switch at 12v..so the lower the "v" the less rpms/noise will be throttled? I can't reach anything on my MOBO that remotely resembles that type of plug...

edit.: so those three plug's into the 2 case fans wires, so u don't have to run extra wires through the mobo slots "cha_fan2 and "cha_fan3"?? im guessing.. so maybe i have it setup redundantly, the molex and cha_fan2 and cha_fan3 on my MOBO?? Or does it need to be on the mobo to be controlled...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts