Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that is in the intel retailedge program, I got an email with info for the the second big deal for this year. Q8200, unspecified motherboard, and Vista. First 1200 purchases include a copy of far cry 2. Also there is an option to purchase a X25-M SSD drive. I was a little disappointed with the Q8200. I was hoping for something a little higher end, but I'm looking forward to the ssd drive, never used one before. No mention of price yet.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Yeah, there are wholesale price drops already on the highly embarrassing Q8200 and Q9300. These are for average or below-average users (if anyone), not enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
I commented that I wanted to see a SSD in that survey they did a few weeks ago.

It's probably still going to be $200-300.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Epic fail all around except for the SSD.

Q8200 = rofl.

At least the Q6600, Q6700, & QX6700/QX6850s they've had in the last two deals were decent chips, all OCable.

The Q8200 is so low end & multiplier crippled it's not even funny...

It seems the deal get worse & worse every year, ah well...

I do hope the SSD is a decent price; if so, i'll get it.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Well the Q8200 and Q9300 are great for somebody's mom who isn't going to do a whole lot with it. I'm seeing these show up in large OEM (Dell, etc) systems now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
Where did you hear this? It's not on the Retail Edge site yet.
They sent me an email.

Edit: Reading the email again it looks like its a Q8300 not Q8200. I've never heard of a Q8300. Is that a typo?
LL

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
No typo. Apparently Intel is launching a Q8300 at 2.5GHz (333x7.5, 4MB cache) this month. It's completely senseless, thus this promotion.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
Hell if you get farcry an dvista with it, for $200 it'd be worth it, then ebay everything else and you might even make money off it.
-P.
Ebay everything and make money, but keep Farcry!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts