Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a laptop/notebook/netbook with a C2D SU7300 chip in it? I was wondering how they perform.

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
It seems to be a CPU directed only at basic stuff, like browsing, watching movies, etc.

It has a decent amount of cache (3mb) but it's only clocked @ 1.3ghz... which, i'm sorry to say, kinda sucks.

·
Banned
744 Posts
It is good for notebooks that give great battery life. I mean a fully functioning dual core in systems not much larger than a netbook and 12 hours battery life. It is what it is and very good at it.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know its not a raw power chip, but I was wondering if that larger cache would help make up for some of the lacking in speed. The most I would be doing is some very basic photoshop, removing backgrounds and applying a new layer.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Extra cache vs what? I mean my T9400 is 2.53Ghz can OC to almost 3Ghz and I have 6MB L2. 2MB vs 4MB L2 at same clocks is about 10% tops on cache intensive apps. 3MB vs 6MB L2 closer to say 8%? So compared to what CPU? A PDC with 1MB L2 and running at 2Ghz simply has to many more clocks.

Photoshop should be fine as long as you accept the real time aspect will be reduced. For many not a big deal. For others yes it is.

Your 955 so crushes and do not compare L2 across architectures.

It really is a clear choice, is small form factor and great battery life important to you? If so this is the best option and performance will be what it is. If performance is key and you don't need extended battery life not an issue. Get a standard voltage higher clocked notebook.

Also it is important to consider what do you use now? How does it perform? I mean someone switching from a P4 or similar might be happy. Someone with a CPU like mine and the desire for performance would not.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was going to compare it to the AMD Athlon Neo X2 1.6GHz processor that only has 512K cache. But if you cant compare cross architecture then I guess theres no comparing the two.

Also what I have at present is an Eee PC 904HA with an Atom in it. Its great for truely basic stuff, but it has trouble streaming video. and I dont want to even try to do anything with photoshop on an 8.9" screen with a res of 1024x600.

Lastly, Im not looking to compare it to my desktops, I just want to know how well it will perform as a basic not at home mobile chip. Basically, I dont need a mobile powerhouse, nor do I want one as I have a stationary powerhouse already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts