Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the MB Asus P4C800-Deluxe and it say that if i have Intel 875P chipset it will boost my performance, but i don't know which CPU have the chipset

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
your motherboard IS an 875 chipset board. I think you're referring to PAT (Performance Acceleration Technology), whereby you get a 3-5% performance increase when using an 800 mhz FSB CPU in conjunction with DDR400+ (or running your RAM 1:1 with the 800 FSB CPU, basically).

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity

your motherboard IS an 875 chipset board. I think you're referring to PAT (Performance Acceleration Technology), whereby you get a 3-5% performance increase when using an 800 mhz FSB CPU in conjunction with DDR400+ (or running your RAM 1:1 with the 800 FSB CPU, basically).

With me running the IC7-G and PC3200 RAM, should I also expect a automatic increase in performance since my mobo has the 875P?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Yes, PAT is automatically activated, as part of the 875 chipset (assuming CPU and RAM are running 1:1). 3rd party manufacturers found a workaround to enable it on the 865 chipset, as well. Some 865 mobos give you the option to enable it, while on others it's enabled automatically.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Yes, PAT is automatically activated, as part of the 875 chipset (assuming CPU and RAM are running 1:1). 3rd party manufacturers found a workaround to enable it on the 865 chipset, as well. Some 865 mobos give you the option to enable it, while on others it's enabled automatically.

CPU and RAM are now running 1:1, I recognized that I was always slightly over stock even though I made no OC mods. Thank You for informing as to the reason.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
You would see a 3-5% performance increase in acutal computing, not in clock speeds. Clock for clock, PAT will provide a 3-5% performance increase compared to the same CPU and RAM in non-PAT.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

A little clarification: PAT will be activated as long as the chipset drivers are installed. They can be found here. Or most boards usually have a disk with it that contains the chipset drivers, but I do recommend seeing if you .inf files need to be updated.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Well I think they've covered that subject nicely, Now it's time to see how far you can push your system. Dont forget to post your results.

And why not join the Folding team 37726, you can have two core running at once. Put your HT to the test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts