Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
4,864 Posts
The thing that I still don't understand is how Intel can get Conroe to do 12 ops/cycle and still use the traditional fsb. Even though it's clocked a bit higher, wouldn't you expect the same bottlenecks to occur? I mean it's dual core (maybe double core?) and it's doing a lot more per cycle. There's no way that the fsb can keep up with the cores. What's the point of having two cores that is capable of doing a great deal but not feeding it properly? This is where I think AMD's archectiture shines with Hypertransport. Also, once AMD moves to 65nm, it'll make it that much harder for Intel to compete with AMD.

· Premium Member
4,864 Posts
That's funny how they're going to produce a chip that'll do twice the number of ops/cycle than the P4s. Seems like the new race is to increase the number of ops/cycle which then leads a decrease in ghz. Kinda funny because Intel was shooting for the fastest ghz at first and now shooting for was slower ghz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.