Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
9,106 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptrogen

i knew amd was all hype, i have never bought into amd's "low temp, high oc" crap, if amd's are so great and so cheap how come its not the tech industry choice?
pentium=stable.reliable.

Tell this too my 37C load Sempron 2800 at 2.4ghz from 1.6ghz. Also tell this to the numerous 939 Opteron owners that got 3.0+ on air cooling stable.

· Banned
9,106 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HrnyGoat

AMD will have to develop their 65nm tech first. 3GHz would really be pushing the limits of 90nm.

Which will likely be out *near* the time the Conroe is released, whether it be before or after. But also what about all the new 3700 SD's that have been clocking like crazy, or the Opteron's? The ability is definately there, it just needs to be pushed.

· Banned
9,106 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheetos316

That's funny how they're going to produce a chip that'll do twice the number of ops/cycle than the P4s. Seems like the new race is to increase the number of ops/cycle which then leads a decrease in ghz. Kinda funny because Intel was shooting for the fastest ghz at first and now shooting for was slower ghz.

Not necessarily. Its unconfirmed how many op's it will do, but it is confirmed it will be using more than the Pentium 4. So until its out all we can do is speculate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.