334 Posts
Found it ...

... ran it.

"Of errors is not detected"

*Note to self. Get GSAT USB working.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I guess we will need to refer to this at some point ...

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
Dropping ram voltage introduced a cold boot error, qcode stuck at detecting RAM. Pushed back to 1.4, all good again. Sadly this BIOS does not appear to have DRAM boot voltage.

I'll go digging for TMS.

LLC was AUTO, reporting 7. I have now set to that value in BIOS

View attachment 2488286
set CPU Current to 200 or in that range
Disable VRM Spreadspectrum
CPU power phase to Optimum or Extreme

POst up a bios SS of the other key bios pages...

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
Ya really do no
Found it ...

... ran it.

"Of errors is not detected"

View attachment 2488290

*Note to self. Get GSAT USB working.
Ya really do not need a gsat USB. Google Windows Bash. Follow the instructions to enable the Linux Ubuntu Shell. You can easily run GSAT with that. It works fine.
TM5 really requires a diff config file (and needs to be run as Admin. It's a good program, but it should run 10-12 cycles for good coverage.
GSAT is a 1 hour run and the report on any errors helps to define the type.

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
I guess we will need to refer to this at some point ...

View attachment 2488292
yep, there's a fair about we can do with those timings. 1.45V is a safe (very safe) level for B-die. Keeping the sticks below 40C during stability testing is critical - normal use will not usually get that hot.

Here's where I have 64GB tuned to as a rough guide with 1.43V. Ignore the RTLs, just leave yours on Auto.

Capture.JPG

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
I'll check back tomorrow evening...

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Google stress app running in windows.

For anyone else, I used this guide:

and this

Once I had the ubuntu "command line" up and running (and stopped saying THAT line from Jurasic Park) - I used the following commands:

sudo apt update [i think this updates the app store]
sudo apt install gcc [this installed something]
sudo apt install stressapptest [this installed the google memory test tool]

To run the tool i used:

stressapptest -W -M 26624 -s 3600 --pause_delay 3700

stressapptest -W -M 26624 -s 1800 --pause_delay 1900

*Note, this was edited to add the --pause_delay.

• Rep+
Reactions: sultanofswing

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
By defining the ceiling of ram used windows avoids choking. The program will test all installed ram. For 32GB use the following command:

stressapptest -W -M 26624 -s 3600 --pause_delay 3700

once it completes (without errors) the window will look like this. There's no need to stop the run if an error occurs, and the report defines whether it is a CPU or a specific dram error.

• Rep+

·
Registered
334 Posts
OK, i'll kick that off now. Nice to see you using SIV.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Tick. Pass.

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
damn - I can't open that pic. can you post it using the picture insert tool in the editor menu?

·
Registered
134 Posts

This!
Will be going here!

And the drawer will go here!

Table made from rare teak wood. Planned this for few months finally almost finished. Supposed to post once finished but I can’t wait to show off. Lol!

Will be running 10980XE at 5 GHz all core adaptive and prime 95 stable. Will try 5.1 but may require delid or at least liquid metal on top of IHS. Cache between 31 or 32 still can’t decide because 31 only needs +0.2v offset while 32 needs whooping +0.375v offset.

What do you guys think of liquid metal between IHS and cooler? The water block is EK Velocity sanded to match the IHS contour. So it is now bare copper after sanded. I don’t mind the stain on the waterblock but how about IHS? Heard specifically conductonaut will not stain IHS that bad?

The IHS is sanded very very slightly only on the 4 corner because it is sharp and leaving mark on my wb which means they are protruding.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
Thanks for those tutorials on getting GSAT working in Windows, Was able to get it running tonight and passed with my current settings. Tomorrow I am going to up my cache back to 32 and 1.2v and see if that passes.

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
Hmmmm, i used that, let me try again. Will add as attachment too.
Yep, the thumbnail worked! So if you want to try to fine tune further, post up a SS of asrock timing config and let's have a go! (y)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yep, the thumbnail worked! So if you want to try to fine tune further, post up a SS of asrock timing config and let's have a go! (y)
Right then, brace brace brace ...

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
lol - let's start with a few small steps.
First - SAVE your current OC to a save slot or USB. Clrcmos (if you loaded XMP at anytime since the last clrcmos there are settings in place you can't change from within bios) , enter bios, load your saved OC, if it is an XMP OC, load optimzed defaults and reboot, manually enter the cpu OC, do not load XMP!
There are several "paths" here's 3:

A)
Load the timings I posted earlier for 3733c15 - all except RTLs. Dram Clock = 10. Enter 1.45V VDIMM. Set cache back to auto multi and voltage. Leave Uncore offset at +0.400. Dram speed to 3600. If it posts we are off to the races! (3600C15 IS WAY FASTER THAN 3733C18.)

B)
ClrCmos. POST to bios.
Nav to the dram timings and manually enter the Primary timings I posted for 3733c15 15, 15,15, 36 2. (leave RTLs and IOLs and everything else on auto)
VDIMM to 1.45
Dram Freq to 3600
cache multi and voltage to Auto
F10 to save and exit
If it posts do a quick 5 min (300 sec) GSAT test.

C)
1.45V VDIMM, Leave everything as you have it for GSAT stable 3733c18
Lower CAS until it fails POST (the training routine is fairly robust). Q-code BD is the likely error the bios would stall on. If that happens, ClrCmos and reload the OC you saved. Find the lowest CAS value that will post at 1.45V
If you go route C, post back with the min CAS that will post and train to RTLs no more than 2 difference between the channels (eg, like the 61,63,61,63 you posted above)

• Rep+
Reactions: PipJones

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
Google stress app running in windows.

For anyone else, I used this guide:

Lol - That link is to Silent_scone's OCUK thread. He also started a ram thread here

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
Thanks for those tutorials on getting GSAT working in Windows, Was able to get it running tonight and passed with my current settings. Tomorrow I am going to up my cache back to 32 and 1.2v and see if that passes.
GSAT is the "final say" on RAM stability IMO, and it does not choke on very large installs 2565GB and higher!
🤙

• Rep+
2861 - 2880 of 2915 Posts