Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Im pretty new here so ill start by saying hi, anyway here is my overclock, got a 3.0 prescott up to 3.45, cant go higher though, Ive tried everything but I deided im not going to fight with it, ill have to post cpuz, and prime 95 screens later. Thinking of buying an E0 sometime this week to see if i cant hit 4.0 Ghz.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Pentuim D 830 stable at 3.91GHz. Hooray for the 8xx series.

LL

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Prime95 and OCCT for almost 8 hours, this overclock involved no overvoltage or heat, stable at 3.2Ghz.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my Prescott P4 650 3.4Ghz overclocked at 4.13Ghz (243mhzx17) and my FSB:RAM ratio is set to 1:1. My VCore is set to about 1.4V. My normal CPU temp is at 38-42°C and loaded at 50-53°C (Zalman 9500 CPU-cooler).

Does that seem like a decent overclock? I'm new.

BTW: The multiplier is 17 (thats the standard: 17 max, 14 min), but in CPU-Z it constanly changes between those two (17-14). Not like in other programs (I use Lavalys Everest) there the multiplier is constanly 17.

(I know I probably shouldn't be asking this here, but I havent got any answer yet)

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
That is a very decent overclock

Temperatures are fine and its good that you have your FSB:RAM in a 1:1 ratio, however if you think your RAM can run a bit faster then you can use a different divider to slightly increase the overall system bandwith between the components.
The change in the multipler is due to a Intel Technology called EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology) this can reduce the system multiplier from its default to x14 on a compatiable CPU/Motherboard, this allows the technology to reduce the voltage to the CPU, this reduces the temperature and power requirement.

Post a Validated CPU-Z screenshot in this thread and I will add you to the list.

This thread will be updated on Saturday

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't mind my previous post. I made a huge mistake, when I ran Prime95 it was only at 50% op CPU-usage, so I ran Prime95 and OCCT together to get a 100% CPU-usage test. I ran them both for 8 and a half houres without an error, but I didnt take any screenshots. I set my VCore to 1.4125V and the FSB:RAM is 3:4, my P4 3.4Ghz (17x200) is now overclocked at 4.0Ghz (17x235).

The temperatures of the CPU are 40-43°C normal, and 55-57°C at max stress.

(Thanks for replying on my previous post, could you do the same here? Also, you asked for a screenshot from CPU-Z, how do I add one to the post?)

(If my questions are at a too high of level for this sticky, could u refer me to another post/sticky to post my questions.)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's mine , passing the 1 & 2 hours dual prime for the first time

cpuz verified link in my sig
will update the pic for longer test run when i'm done

Edit: Pic Updated
LL

·
Read Only
5,227 Posts
sorry if this isnt the right area to post this, but does anyone know any way to overclock my celeron 2.4 ghz, i dont want it to go far, just maybe 2.6 or so, im a noob to overclocking, ive only done my video card so far, but i hear that intel motherboards are F***ed for overclocking processors, is there anything i can do? everything ive been reading shows settings in the BIOS that i dont have! also shows jumpers on the mobo, that i dont have! are there any programs that i can use to bypass the preset settings?

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
I don't think so. You can't overclock with an Intel MoBo, sorry.

I speak having experienced myself with the 865PERLK and D875BPZLK, both did a 4% overclock but were not stable at ALL. I did try clockgen and that did not work either, everytime I used it, it froze the system and I had to reset the BIOS.

Do what I did, I gave up the Intel brand boards for the ASUS, relatively speaking the ASUS are as reliable as the Intel ones and better than. So you'll be in a win-win situation.

·
Read Only
5,227 Posts
alright thanks, its just also the problem that id most likely have to buy a new case with buying a new mobo, dell cases are screwy, all the ports arent lined up in the same way in the back, unless im just looking at the wrong mobos on the net?

·
HEC Club
13,591 Posts
Well...ran prime95 FTT for 12 hours and validated my CPU-Z. Hope this qualifies!

LL

41 - 60 of 779 Posts