Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the boards and am very interested in overclocking. Sadley, I bought this mobo. It's not that sad actually, it's quite a nice mobo. The reason that I'm posting is because I downloaded the tool that Intel released shortly after I got my MOBO, it's called Intel(R) Desktop Control Center. I read that you can't overclock Intel-manufactured motherboards because the bios is locked or something. I'm a newb at overclocking so bear with me.

Everytime I try to run the problem I get this error:

First box: An unexpected error occured during initialization
Second box: The instruction at "0x01821c66" referenced memory at "0x019d06a0". The memory could not be "read".

Clock on OK to terminate the program

Any help, anyone?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no help on the errors though?

thanks for the warm welcoming - I'm going to buy something soon .. i got a $900 budget

I must learn to overclock :p

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
That's an internal error with Windows, sounds like some file is corrupt or isn't working right

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey,

What's better for overclocking, p4 or amd? I am buying something within the next two weeks, the only thing I like about my setup right now is my case and my mobo :p

maybe we should move this over to the amd section now but I dunno :p

Which amd 64 bit is good for it's money? the 3700 clawhammer is $469 @ newegg, but I was thinking of going like 3200 or 3400, any suggestions?

·
Banned
313 Posts
well they both overclock pretty well, but the AMD's are better for gaming, while intels are great all around CPU's

Seeing that i have one, Id have to tell you go intel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts