Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It's a me
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Its really as simple as the heading. I'm really just looking for someone who also has an Intel DZ68BC Extreme Edition Board like I do so I can bounce some questions off of. I realize 90% of people overclocking Sandy Bridge chips usually buy an Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, or Asrock Motherboard but I'd like to squeeze some Intel support from ocn. I'm not going to go into detail but was just wondering if anyone else noticed the Intel BIOS is super quirky with overclocking and voltage tweaking. I can get a stable 12 hour 4.5Ghz overclock with setting a static voltage of 1.28 and an offset of 80mV. But that was easy. What I'm having issues with is voltage drooping and getting the voltage to match the Intel speed step instead of constantly having a static 1.28 voltage.

I have flashed the BIOS to the most recent one and even flashed backwards to see if it resolves any of the issues with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
It's a me
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "none" setting was terrible and there was no way to negative offset it. I cut my losses, sold that board and bought an Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3 and I'm extremely happy with it. The UEFI BIOS is light years better than the Intel

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I cannot help you with this issue but as far as I know Intel didnt target this board for hardcore overclockers.

Board is intended for mild overclocking but designed to give maximum stability with these mild clocks. I am referring to Christian Wood who is working at Intel with these products.

Intel leaked roadmap for this year reveals that Extreme series will get Max OC board with Ivy Bridge chipset.

·
It's a me
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again this Board was great as far as stability with a 4.5Ghz overclock. The poor BIOS flexibility killed it for me. Intel needs to go UEFI soon if they want to compete. Thinking about it, can we really ask more out of Intel? They already produce the greatest CPU on the planet in sandy bridge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.