Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help getting a stable overclock. See system specs below, Ram timings:5-6-6-18 TRC-22 Command Rate-2T. I can get the cpu to 3.4(1700x8). It will post and run fine until I run prime95 with lots of ram tested. This happens when the ram is at its stock settings. I tested the ram with memtest86 for 12 hours with no problems. I have messed with ram overclocking as well when cpu settings are at stock, but I cant even get a post. I tried messing with voltages a little, but im very nervous about that and im not sure how much it is helping. Any help, tips would be greatly appreciated.
btw, one cpu core throws error with prime95 at all stock settings, and the cpu temp sensor is stuck at 21c.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
If your having problems with Prime95 at stock settings, overclocking is going to only exasterbate the problem. You should look into getting a new chip, or figuring out why it isn't stable at stock settings before overclocking.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran prime 95 again, and now its running fine, now i just need some help with overclocking...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts