Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

if i wanted to get a g2 now, where's the best place to get one? i can get a friend to buy one from the states just need to know where ican get the cheapest one.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I would say that prices right now are fluctuating as you just missed black friday sales. They are pretty much ranging from 240USD to 300USD for the 80GB version.

I just returned one that I brought from Newegg during Black Friday that I paid 214 for because I realized that I really did not need 2 drives and they sent me the G201 instead of the G2C1.

If you can hold off for a little bit I think the prices will drop again once stock is a bit more stable with Newegg for maybe another sale to occur or just purchase from a smaller retailer. I got mine from Tankguys back when it wasn't available.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
its going to be a while before they come down.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxkevin View Post
I would say that prices right now are fluctuating as you just missed black friday sales. They are pretty much ranging from 240USD to 300USD for the 80GB version.

I just returned one that I brought from Newegg during Black Friday that I paid 214 for because I realized that I really did not need 2 drives and they sent me the G201 instead of the G2C1.

If you can hold off for a little bit I think the prices will drop again once stock is a bit more stable with Newegg for maybe another sale to occur or just purchase from a smaller retailer. I got mine from Tankguys back when it wasn't available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by valtopps View Post
its going to be a while before they come down.
so should i wait or no? i know it's kind of a rhetorical question. i'm willing to wait, but that's contingent on the likelihood of prices coming down soon. if prices are likely to be rockstable for the next 4 months then i'd rather get it now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts