Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I am sure this has been asked before, but unfortunately I could not find the answer to this question. I am looking to buy the absolute fastest build I can at the moment on a strict budget. I hear that the AMD 145 can overclock to something like 4 GHz if your board supports it? Will that be faster than the Stock G530 which does not have much overclocking headroom? I do know that the G530 is faster stock vs stock

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bah, I just saw that I should have put this in the general processor forum. Ah well, any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
G530 hands down. It'll probably be faster at stock speed than the Sempron @ 4.0ghz, and use way less power.

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
The G530 is a dual core and have zero overclocking headroom. I have one in my HTPC and it is hands down the best $50 I've ever spent. It can decode multiple streams of h264 1080p content and plays games decently at medium settings depending what gpu you pair up with it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am pairing either processor with a 5770 that I am buying from chipp

So it looks like the G530 hands down from 2 people so far.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Celeron G530 hands down. Sempron 145 might come close when overclocked, but no way surpassing it. Plus most Sempron 145 are not good overclocker.

If you want to overclock Sempron 145 then you need to spend money on better motherboard and cooler. Budget wise overclocking is out of the discussion.

Intel Celeron G530 hands down.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
as theyve said G530

sempron 145 is a great chip but when compared it dosent hold up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts