4GB DDR3 1333 ram
Nvidia GT555M 1GB GDDR5
320GB HDD
WIFI ,webcam , card reader , CD/DVD burner
15,6" screen with 1600 x 900 res
8-cell lithium ion battery

for 699euro .

What you guys thinking about ?
The HDD is small (no wonder , floods doubled up the prices) . but the spec are good .

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prices are high here.
Really high .

2GB of DDR3 ram ( 1.65V 1600MHZ ) is 17 euro - 23$
a 1 TB HDD( green 7200Rpm) is 145euro - 175$

Anyway. On topic : What do i have to know about Dell laptops(and in laptops in general) ?
Never owned a laptop before .

·
Registered
660 Posts
Never owned a Dell but have owned a laptop.I would say know the details of the warranty of your laptop.As for upgrades,they are more limited on what you are able to do with them.It all depends on what you do with them.If you just surf the web,e-mail,some not-so-demanding-graphical games etc. then that should last you a pretty long time
smile.gif

Edit:One more thing,if you can afford to pay a little extra for warranty,like say another year or two,then do it.From my experience i paid $50 extra warranty for another two years if i remember correctly.This was with a Sony Pentium 4 laptop back in the day and the reason it was worth it was because the batteries on those things didn't last that long and they wouldn't charge anymore so i had to get them replaced 3 times.Those batteries cost,at that time and maybe even now,about $100 each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts