Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
User of the PC
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am wondering what a should get for my intel ITX build. I want to build up on this mobo

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=36...ufacture=Zotac

The only things I need is a cpu, hard drive and I am not sure if I want a internal DVD drive or a external one. Everything is going to be built into a 7.62ammo case. What I am using it for is my compact LAN rig, so it does not need to be blazing fast, it only needs to play COD 4 on med settings(what I am aiming for). Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Well, with that 775 socket you are open to just about any cpu that you want to run, speed as well. It has the x16 slot to that you can use any GPU. Just be aware of the PSU that you are going to be running. If you are not going to need the disk in the drive for your lan party, leave out the cd/dvd drive and just use the external when you are home for upgrades and installs. As for the HDD, Any of them will do what you want. I have been wanting to build one of these for a while now, just never dropped the hammer
. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
User of the PC
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I will be starting the build very shortly. I will post pics of it when I get started. As for the CPU should I get a dual core. Most I need is something thats 2.5Ghz. Also what should I be aware of the PSU?

·
404 Title Not Found
2,330 Posts
You know the AMD itx offerings are pretty nice compared to intel's?(not sure where you'd find this particular one in CA, but newegg has a similar itx) I'd just thought I'd throw that out there. I've been eying a J&W Minix for quite some time now, full PCIE. Debating on building one with something like 4760 or something similar as long as it doesn't need much power but can also crossfire with the onboard.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...SP128M&cpc=SCH

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If you use a full size PSU, you will have nothing to worry about. But if you are going to use something like a laptop used, then you need to watch the ratings and what cpu/gpu you run. Make sure that you will not go over the psu rating.

·
User of the PC
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Im using a 400 watt psu from my old hp that been going to years now. So I shouldnt need a better psu for now.

·
User of the PC
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by accskyman
View Post

You know the AMD itx offerings are pretty nice compared to intel's?(not sure where you'd find this particular one in CA, but newegg has a similar itx) I'd just thought I'd throw that out there. I've been eying a J&W Minix for quite some time now, full PCIE. Debating on building one with something like 4760 or something similar as long as it doesn't need much power but can also crossfire with the onboard.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...SP128M&cpc=SCH

But I will have to buy a cpu for that one. Ive got a few intels sitting around. I might get that one just cuz I like AMD. Also I will need to buy ram.

·
User of the PC
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone know of other Canadian sites, other than NCIX and Tiger Direct that carries them?

·
User of the PC
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaroman View Post
That's a mini-ITX board

Yeah thats what I will be putting in it.

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amder View Post
Yeah thats what I will be putting in it.
as apposed to ITX i meant

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This will be cool if you can get it all to work. And, I would try to stick to 65w or less on the cpu. Just for the graphics power that the onboard has, there is no reason for the high watt cpu.

·
User of the PC
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDN1979 View Post
This will be cool if you can get it all to work. And, I would try to stick to 65w or less on the cpu. Just for the graphics power that the onboard has, there is no reason for the high watt cpu.
Yeah Im probably going to get something around a 2.5GHz Dual core for it. Got any good sugestions for a cpu? Dont want it to be to expensive as its just for LAN parties and such.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amder View Post
Yeah Im probably going to get something around a 2.5GHz Dual core for it. Got any good sugestions for a cpu? Dont want it to be to expensive as its just for LAN parties and such.
Where'd you get the ammo box? I want to try this.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts