Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
My 2.8c clocked to 3.2 runs at about 52c under extreme load and about 37c idle.....but folding it runs 58c but i'm just using stock cooling for now

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsLasher
My 2.8c clocked to 3.2 runs at about 52c under extreme load and about 37c idle.....but folding it runs 58c but i'm just using stock cooling for now

what is folding? I keep hearing it..

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee
what is folding? I keep hearing it..
Yeah what is it?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bentrinh102
???????????? can someone explain it in english and not geek
I THINK i undertstand it now..

Somthin to do with diseases, and it takes THOUSANDS of computers working aroudn the clock to solve one small problem.. And your computer automatically downloads data, decodes it for DAYS, then uploads it and downloads new work..

No one makes money off what you do, but scientists benefiit from it and it may help cure diseases....
It uses 100% processor usage unless you use your comp for somthing else, then that other application takes over the processor.. So it dosn'et slow you down at all.

I have no idea how it works, or why it works, thats just what i'v understood so far from reading up on it.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Quote:

I THINK i undertstand it now..

Somthin to do with diseases, and it takes THOUSANDS of computers working aroudn the clock to solve one small problem.. And your computer automatically downloads data, decodes it for DAYS, then uploads it and downloads new work..

No one makes money off what you do, but scientists benefiit from it and it may help cure diseases....
It uses 100% processor usage unless you use your comp for somthing else, then that other application takes over the processor.. So it dosn'et slow you down at all.

I have no idea how it works, or why it works, thats just what i'v understood so far from reading up on it.
Is it a program for being part of a super-computer to help cure disenses, that you can run while your computer is idle?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bentrinh102
Is it a program for being part of a super-computer to help cure disenses, that you can run while your computer is idle?
Its like a program.

Theres a forum on this site dedicated just to it.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Its like a program.

Theres a forum on this site dedicated just to it.
OK is it to join a network to be part of a supercomputer to help understand proteins?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts