Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im screwed now since vista is coming out and dx10 is approching because apparently agp is dead and well i have a agp slot in my mbob. i was wondering if there is a mobo out there for me that i can use all my stuff like ram and my socket 478 processor to switch to a pcie mobo? i found 2 but i dont think they even make them anymore

any help would be appreciated

·
Trying not/NOOBish
47 Posts
i know what you mean i'm in the same boat i have an ee3.2 at the time it was not cheap at all it ocs good and i don't know **** about oc mush at all but had i know that apg was going to die i never have got it and thows motherboards that that other guy is talking about i can't find any where in the us or any where else and my ocz memory ant bad ether

?????? have you had any luck in finding them if so my name is LRK322
good luck

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope had no luck i could just a few but there discontinued and not availabe for purchase. so im just gonna make new rig and give my parents the old one

so they could do what ever they want and now have to share a computer with me

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
If your going to get a PCI-E card, and a new mobo, you might aswell get a whole new rig. Paying 300+ dollars on a SKT 478, i wouldn't do it

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
me neither, i thaught since socket 478 was old technology i mgith be lucky and get a good mobo for like 60$ because of the technology. but they dont make mobos like that anymore and ive3 decided to make a new rig with pcie to play latest games with dx10

1 - 6 of 6 Posts