Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VROC, "Virtual Raid on CPU", is a hybrid RAID solution introduced by Intel with the release of the X299 platform. It enables bootable raid with NVMe drives.

X299 motherboards support VROC right out of the box for bootable RAID0 with Gen3 Intel NVMe SSD's.
If you wish to run other bootable RAID configurations with Gen3 Intel NVMe SSD's, a standard key is required, "VROCSTANMOD".
If you wish to run RAID0 with Non-Gen3 Intel NVMe SSD's (Like Samsung 960 series), a standard key is required, "VROCSTANMOD".
If you wish to run other bootable RAID configurations with Non-Gen3 Intel NVMe SSD's (Like Samsung 960 series), a premium key is required, "VROCPREMMOD".

The folloing video outlines what VROC is and it's capabilities.
Note that ASUS 4xM.2 adapter is not required.

Intel's product briefing can be found here.

I purchased a VROC premium key on backorder from NCIX. Later I saw the product was removed from the NCIX website. Customer service said "Unfortunately the product was discontinued, so I've canceled the order and it will be refunded back to you."

Can anyone else confirm that the VROC premium keys are discontinued? The platform and VROC was just released!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts