Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three months use on a single X25.

G1, no trim support (and I'm on Vista anyway) and never run third-party trim either.

Not going to delete the partition to run write tests, but there is no noticeable degradation.
..a
LL

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Well... it's obvious that you need to spend more time in front of your PC and use the drive more.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Well... it's obvious that you need to spend more time in front of your PC and use the drive more.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Nice!

I tossed all my pre-RAID single drive tests but I guess Intel's G1 pre-TRIM "clean and orderly" stuff is working just fine.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eflyguy
View Post

I was cleaning up my storage drive and found a folder with all my original HDTune benches (although they are also posted in the sticky at the top of this forum..)
..a

I generally don't keep folders, just drive images and I probably deleted that folder to make a smaller image and then deleted that image while cleaning my WHS storage.

AAR, I've always read that the G1 drives didn't need TRIM and your screenshots add validation.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Hippie
View Post

AAR, I've always read that the G1 drives didn't need TRIM and your screenshots add validation.

G1 need TRIM if heavily used.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

G1 need TRIM if heavily used.

And you know his aren't?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautilus
View Post

Wow SSDs degrade really fast. I have Samsung 60GB/7200rpm more than 6 years old and still chugs. No sign of bad sector or anything.

It's performance degrading due partially filled sectors... not corrupted sectors.

Also, there are absolutely bad sectors on your Samsung drive. It just internally remaps them to reserved space so you don't see them.

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautilus
View Post

Wow SSDs degrade really fast. I have Samsung 60GB/7200rpm more than 6 years old and still chugs. No sign of bad sector or anything.

Where did you work that out from? His results show nothing as its the write performance that decreases, but using TRIM stops that from being much of a problem.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion Racing
View Post

Where did you work that out from? His results show nothing as its the write performance that decreases, but using TRIM stops that from being much of a problem.

Oh, i misevaluated the benchmark comparisons then.

@Duckieho, I know SSDs have shorter life cycle than mechanical drives. I read it before. And my good ol Samsung drive, i run HD Tune bad sector test on it results were fine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
So would you guys say that one x-25M Gen2 will eventually outperform two x-25M Gen2 Raid 0 due to degredation? (No trim support on RAID by Intel

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterWar View Post
So would you guys say that one x-25M Gen2 will eventually outperform two x-25M Gen2 Raid 0 due to degredation? (No trim support on RAID by Intel

raid 0 doesn't support trim so it degrades faster. just your writing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts