Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I switched from a normal Pentium 4 to a Pentium 4 with Hyper Threading Technology. And oh man, it just rocks. I can stress test with OCCT while running Internet Explorer, AIM, iTunes, all simultaneously and very smooth. Before I can only run OCCT, and every other applications lags while using it. But 1 real core and 1 simulated core are better than 1! I'm amazed.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster

Thank you Captain Obvious.....

Thank you Useless Poster...

anyway, glad you were finally able to see what ht can do wu, youve been missing out...
... it can do even more tho...

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wudaddy

A few days ago I switched from a normal Pentium 4 to a Pentium 4 with Hyper Threading Technology. And oh man, it just rocks. I can stress test with OCCT while running Internet Explorer, AIM, iTunes, all simultaneously and very smooth. Before I can only run OCCT, and every other applications lags while using it. But 1 real core and 1 simulated core are better than 1! I'm amazed.

Well, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't one real and one simlulated core, it's one core that is split up.

I dunno, lol, I'm an AMD guy, I just always that that was true.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker

Well, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't one real and one simlulated core, it's one core that is split up.

You guys are essentially saying the same thing. The one physical core is split between a "real" and a virtual core so that multiple processes are handled better. Although one processes will only show up to 50 percent CPU usage (multi-theaded processes excluded), if just one significant process is running, it utilizes far more than 50 percent of the CPU's actual capacity when HT is enabled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.