Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i just got a great idea from this thread. What if i put 2 iCages in my Armor and mounted my radiator there. I don't think it would line up correctly with their holes, but i do have a drill
I figured i'd do something like this:

Hdd cage, attached to the radiator, attached to the fans. The fans would be pushing in this case, and i know that's not the optimal situation, but i would have the LED fans on the outside and would only need to attach the radiator in 4 spots (top and bottom screws). That means i have less screws to mess w/.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think I understand what you are trying to say here. You want to take off the fans from the iCages, attach a radiator to the top and bottom iCages, and attach the fans to the radiator, correct? If that's what you want to do, I would just leave the fans on the iCages and attach the radiator to the fans, so the rad is in front of the fans (unless that's too ugly for you). I believe that the measurements would be fine just by looking at it. Here's a pdf with the dimensions of the Thermochill PA120.3, a standard sized radiator. Good luck with this, it was actually my original plan before I decided to go the route I'm going now. I just wouldn't have had enough space on the front panel with the setup you are contemplating.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the good idea for doing it that way is that if you buy a black radiator, it pretty much hides everything behind it and conforms to the rest of the case (i have a black case currently, may paint it a bit later).

I just figured it could look better the other way. I'll have to do some measurements

1 - 5 of 5 Posts