Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY rig is in my sig.

Here's the issue.

Whenever I game I'm getting a tearing effect (not fps driven) where the monitor will flash and the game will reproduce random parts of the game in sections of the screen.

Example...I'll see the hud that's supposed to be on the bottom flash across the mid to upper portions of the screen.

Today I also had what appeared to be a driver crash. I was playing Assassins Creed II and the game froze. Sound was still playing but controls locked and so did the game. I hit a key on my keyboard and my second monitor went straight white and my primary went red with yellow stripes down it.

Interesting problems to say none the less. I'm running 10.2 drivers.

Is this something as simple as a driver problem or could my card be over heating? My side of my case is COMPLETELY open and my fan is set on auto so it's getting TONS of airflow.

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
is not really an interesting problem. you might have a card thats overheating or that is actualy bad. looks like your card is artifacting big time. the tearing sometimes happens if fps are faster than refresh rate vertical sync should fix that but the artifacting is either heat to much overclock or bad card.

do you mind tanking some screenshots?

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
are you running stock clocks? i dont have ut3. one thing i know is that the drivers of this videocards are horible and i wouldnt be supprised if ut3 is having trouble on the 5870s. what other games are we talking about? on bf bc2 one thing that helped me alot was this couple of things in 3D settings of CCC

Catalyst AI set it to standard - Anti Aliasing Mode set it to Multi Sample AA. i had it on Supersample and i was getting alot of weird crap on bc2 only with xfire tho. but still it might help you. and also SMOOTHING HD Anti aliasing i have the filter set on box and use application settings is clicked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts