Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having the strangest wireless problem. I have a WRT54G v2 and it's recently been having these weird "hiccups" in the wireless connection. I am using the original Linksys firmware.

All I'm doing is running WPA2 AES and that's all. For whatever reason, I am having these weird ping results:

I've tried Vista Anti-Lag and found that this was not the problem. Non-vista laptops do this, too.

No bit torrent, no high-bandwidth stuff, nothing. Just regular surfing. When I play games online, they're unplayable because of this. I've changed wireless channels, re-installed firmware, etc. All the usual trouble-shooting stuff.

I have noticed that when I try the ping test, every time it times out the wireless activity light stops temporarily and then starts again. It seems to correspond with the ping timeout on the dot. It's really weird; it's like it stops transmitting for a half of a second and then starts again. Watching it right now, I can see the activity light go solid abruptly and then start its blinking again.

What do you think could be the problem?

·
Registered
486 Posts
The router possibly, has this done this on a different wireless network if you have connected to a different one ? Is this a Laptop or desktop ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't do this with other networks. This is on a laptop. I'm just worried that the router is going bad because I really don't want to go out and buy another

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I used to have a similar issue in XP. They have since renamed the service to WLAN AutoConfig (Wlansvc)

Its like Wireless Zero Config from XP. They used to have a fix called Wireless FiXP

Try setting the SSID of the network manually.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZellDincht399 View Post
It doesn't do this with other networks. This is on a laptop. I'm just worried that the router is going bad because I really don't want to go out and buy another

I had a feeling it would act normally on a different network, the router seems to be flaking out did anybody else try there pc on your router wirelessly ?

Or like decompiled said you may be using two wireless managers which conflict with each other

1 - 5 of 5 Posts