Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will overclocking my GPU limit my CPU at all?<br />
<br />
I overclocked my GPU and I can't overclock my CPU one bit at all now...

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
That's strange. I've never heard of that before, both my GPU and CPU are highly overclocked. :-\\<br />
<br />
Did some setting in BIOS clear due to the GPU oc? I don't understand that at all...

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that the GPU is taking too much power now that it is OC'd. But since that is a strong PSU, I doubt the CPU is being starved for power, but who knows.

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
only think I can indeed think about is power. Otherwise, there should be no correlation.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really? a GPU taking up my 600watt psu? Hmmm, I don't know about that, if so, would I be better off overclocked CPU or GPU?

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>splat00n</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">really? a GPU taking up my 600watt psu? Hmmm, I don't know about that, if so, would I be better off overclocked CPU or GPU?</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>overclocked CPU's and GPU's have no relation to each other what so ever. As for the PSU, it has no idea whether it is sending power to the CPU or the GPU, when it can't supply enough power the GPU will artifact or the CPU will crash depending on which runs out of power first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts