Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hii

so i installed a new I5 7500 CPU which is not supported by windows 7 , as i hate windows 10 , i had to do some workarounds to keep windows 7, stupid me i deleted internet exporer entirly by using the command

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:mad:fname /norestart"

now , am having serious issue with my windows 7, cant use any MMC application , windows are openning in new windows and so on , i treid to reinstall it with no success , can you pelase guide me ?

thansk

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
well, since IE is somewhat essential to the operation of Windows 7, I m not sure why you thought that was going to be good idea. I'd suggest the easiest course at this point may be to just start from scratch and reinstall windows.
This. Or delete System32, that'll fix it/joke

I like 7 too but after you kill the bloat with CCleaner and use O&O 10 is a good OS.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, as win7 is not more supported by Intel 7th generation , i had to patch the windows with wufuc which disables some windows updates that recognise the unsupported CPU, but i had always a failing IE11 update , so i thought to convert bach to IE10 ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts