Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed ubuntu 7.04 64 on my laptop. t5300 core2duo 2gb ram etc.
Had problems loading a lot of pages, it might load it, it might load part, it might not load at all.
Got tired of it and tryed instaling 7.04 1386. Right as it loaded up i pulled firefox up, and WOOHOO i can see all my websites, sign onto aim, etc.
Installed updates, restarted. *** now i cant go anywhere again!
Right now im using the integrated ubuntu ipw3945 driver or somehting for my wireless card. But it still wont load when wired. Its getting an average of a 70%wireless signal at 48mbps. Its not my internet either as ive got 10mb down and 1 up.

Im trying to install SRCDS, a game server for counter strike source.
(go www.srcds.com for info) I downloaded the hldsupdatetool.bin and when i tried to do the 2nd step on the help page it said access denied, shibby hel;ped me with the sudo thing for the password but now it doesnt matter as i cant go to the website for directions and such. Im on my desktop righ now in vista and could get directions from here but id rather things just functin as they should on linux.

HELP? So confused! I have no linux experience at all.

Thanks so much for anyone that replies!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Well I have no experience with setting up game servers, but if your internet worked fine before you installed the Ubuntu updates, then I'd do a reinstall and just not install the update, or at least none of the ones that are network related.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed fedora7 and everythings working peachy.
EXCEPT pirut. Stupid thjing never has worked on any fed7 installation ive used.
Its either wont open at all, or just freezes at resolbing dependancies and whites out. No text, percenage bar, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts