Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have managed to overclock my pentium d 950 to just under 3.7 BUT my internet has been screwey ever since n e sudgestions or past experiences? thanks guys

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What speed is your ram running at?? Run some memtest on it and see if your getting memory errors.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is at 725, i am a newb to overclocking im not sure if my ratios are right either and i look for memtest on google but could find the program, oh and Adeoliver u are the man i saw some of ur overclocks those are instane i wish i could do that with my pd

• Rep+
Reactions: Adeoliver

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok and if that fails, oh i also changed something on my ram, ras to cas i lowered it by 1, sorry i am very unfamiliar with the ram i am restarting now to try what u said

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes u did lol oh and my fsb was at 825 and my comp didnt post when i set the fsb that high

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
every bit helps and, i dont have an auto setting all i have is normal in then progressivly higher voltages

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
try to go higher than 1.31 then. Rather new as well, but I've been at this one for the past two and a half weeks, and I finally hit 4.16Ghz today, only stable for 5 hours on Prime 95 though. OCCT test proved stable, but I'd like to hit 24 hrs. with Prime...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did and my computer dosent send instructions when i up the voltage, and i got mem test and not even 5 minits and 5 errors AHHHHHHHHHH, this isint easy stuff, but its fun

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
after 1120 on the fsb with many 920's its 1.36V or above. Not sure if this differs much with the 950 due to the increased multiplier(I am only at 14X multiplier), I'd say it's somewhere between 1.31 and 1.35V.. May vary due to the mobo, but not sure. Good luck...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now what about my ram it keep getting more and more errors

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i understand that but i dont get what consists of trial and error on ram, n e way to return my ram do default timings?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah Id say the memory is the stability problem at this point, try to set everything back to stock, set the vcore to 1.3v, and the memory to 2.1, clock the CPU and ram to stock speeds, then retest the ram at stock to find out if you have a bum chip, if you get errors again then remove one of the chips and run a loop of memtest, if it fails or runs the who9le loop toss in the other chip and do the same thing, if you dont get any errors with the ram then thats likely not your problem but if you do get errors you might look into RMAing the ram, or trying another set.

Now if you have no issues with the ram during testing then lower the rams ratio(from 333mhz-200mhz which is 1-1 with the FSB and the ideal intel combo) Then start by disabling all auto settings in the overclocking sections, set all voltage options to the least amount except the Vcore and the memory voltage, leave these at the voltages I stated above, make sure your PCIE and PCI clocks are locked at 100/33. THen simply start upping the FSB 3-5mhz at a time slowly untill you run into more stability issues then start working on the vcore some more. I should mention that Nforce-4 chipsets are the poorest overclocking chips for intel, so I wouldnt expect a huge gain in speed.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
voltage, make sure to try for a 1:1 ratio. Since the processors speed is quad pumped, and the mems speed is only doubled, then the fsb you type in should be double that of the mem speed you type in. If your fsb is at 1000, then your ram subsequently should be at 500. Divide 100 by four you get 250, divide 500 by 2 you get 250. 250 and 250 is a 1:1 ratio. These guys on this forum have been trying to get that across to me for the last two weeks and I finally got the point yetserday. Jumped 800Mhz since then. What brand of memory do you have?

Edit: Oops, typed too slow, go with what he says.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what are good oc'ing boards and i have to start all over again oh and what is this 1.1 ratio

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have ****ty pqi ram i really want to get 2 gigs of crucial but i just got this ram like 3 months ago and it has a really high cat latency if i take my ram out and put it back in will that reset the timing because i messed with them and i had no idea what i was doing

1 - 20 of 24 Posts