Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having an issue over the past few days with my connection. It randomly dropps and reconnects or doesnt reconnect at all. When I try to run the windows diagnostics service it fails. I get this error every time I run it even if the internet is connected:

"The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running"

I even tried to start it in the services screen with no luck it just stops again. I have not changed anything on my computer or installed anything new except windows updates. I even tried system restore to 15 days eairlier with not luck.

I thought it was my wireless router ( Dlink DIR-655 ), but i disconnected it and went straight to the modem and it still had the same connect problems. I have my computer hard wired throught the wireless router then the router to the modem then to cable line atm. Any thoughts or suggestions? I hate internet issues.

My status says IPv4 Connect: Internet
IPv6 Connect: No Network access
Speed: 1.0 Gbps

if that helps.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Did you call your provider ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the auto modem reset through the phone, but no live talk yet. I figured that since I can get it to work sometimes it might not be on their end. I know the "The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running" problem is on my end. I can't figure out why it wont work at all. I haven't had this computer built but for a few months. Everything was smooth until now. Also the specs are in my sig for the computer in question

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Could be an area problem ?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Do you have the Dlink software or are you able to open your router page via IE ? I would power off the modem, router, computer. Take battery out of modem, wait 2 minutes then reinstall router if needed using cmd prompt for all your info.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried unplugging everything for a while then truning everything back on with no luck. my Dlink software page is via internet. My modem doesnt have a battery its a motorola cable modem

·
Nothing
4,191 Posts
What kind of modem do you have?

When you had the computer directly connected to the modem, and it dropped, what did you have to do to get it working again?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the sb5101 motorola cable modem. I did the system restore and a few restarts, and atm it works, but seems a little slower than it was. I tried watching a few videos online and have to wait for buffer now and didnt before. Even had a conneciton interuption in codmw1 multiplayer and didnt have problems before. These are just the ways I have tried testing the integrity of it being back up. Anything i can do to help diagnose this let me know. I am not very good with networking.

is it normal for it to read this under the local area connection status: IPv6 Connect: No Network access

The only other thing I can remember is a few days ago I changed the Network type from public to home to be able to share across my computers it even gave my a password for my other computers, but I haven used the feature yet. Up until then it was always on public. It is currently on home atm.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to try it tommorrow if I keep having issues. I just hate calling them b/c in my area you get long wait times just to get someone that knows nothing. I can't figure out y the diagnostic policy service won't start either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts