Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Still kinda lost
3,455 Posts
was traveling since it was announced, is a reskin of windows 10 or really something built from the ground up?

Can't wait for r0ach's rant that windows 11 is the worst thing to happen to mouse movement since xmp

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I just want another free upgrade

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,366 Posts
Hopefully they added the Xbox ssd tweaks for faster game loading. Which is also a hardware limit. But I'm sure zen4 will have I/O acceleration.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Can they still ensure random updates that I don’t want or requested still break my PC and cause me to reformat? It wouldn’t be Windows without the forced updates that break everything

·
Registered
683 Posts
Can they still ensure random updates that I don’t want or requested still break my PC and cause me to reformat? It wouldn’t be Windows without the forced updates that break everything
I must say I’ve never had this issue. I can’t remember the last time I had a Windows Update cause problems for me. Win10, from my experience, has been really, really stable. It’s able to take a beating from my attempts at pushing my memory OC to the limit, and still worked fine (though I still reformatted because I’m anal .. lol)

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I must say I’ve never had this issue. I can’t remember the last time I had a Windows Update cause problems for me. Win10, from my experience, has been really, really stable. It’s able to take a beating from my attempts at pushing my memory OC to the limit, and still worked fine (though I still reformatted because I’m anal .. lol)

The last major one we had screwed up 4 of my PC's where I had to reformate. For the most part I've never had any issues until last year and then I never met a Major update that didn't cause nothing but headaches.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
22,098 Posts
they better have added tabs to File Explorer

it wasn't in any of the dev builds, though :(

is a reskin of windows 10 or really something built from the ground up?
it's Windows 10 with a new pair of shoes.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
All I ask if don't make major changes to where things are. Don't ever take my start button away again or pull anything like that. Change breaks my brain

·
toast toast!
1,233 Posts
And what benefit is there of placing the start menu there? It makes it look more like the mac dock, but does absolutely no favours to usability.

At least when it's in a corner, it takes no effort to find. Partly because you can just throw the cursor down there and always hit the spot, and partly because that's where it's been for the last 25 years and is baked into the brains of everyone from toddlers to their great grandparents.

Did W8 not teach them anything?

I don't even like the Icons only taskbar introduced in windows 7. I always turn that off and get the full titles. Useful in an age where eveyone is changing their logos every 10 seconds, and there are still a load of programs out there which dont even bother setting an icon. I don't pin anything there either. Looking at that taskbar, what is running and what is just glorified quick launch buttons?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
22,098 Posts
And what benefit is there of placing the start menu there? It makes it look more like the mac dock, but does absolutely no favours to usability.
it's just the default position/an added customization, you can put it where ever you want.

partly because that's where it's been for the last 25 years and is baked into the brains of everyone from toddlers to their great grandparents.
shots fired

·
WaterCooler
4,348 Posts
Yeah was going to say are they just copying the MacOS dock now? Glad they left an option to place it back normal.

·
Gamer
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
was traveling since it was announced, is a reskin of windows 10 or really something built from the ground up?

Can't wait for r0ach's rant that windows 11 is the worst thing to happen to mouse movement since xmp
So far it's looking mostly like a reskin, definitely not something built from the ground up.
The start menu is drastically changed, there's other slight UI differences here and there. So far I'm enjoying the experience. The build is from April or May I believe.
Still no tabs in the explorer sadly, I also don't believe you can make the Window button stick to the left and keep everything else centered without some trickery. Maybe in the final build this will be an option. It's extremely snappy so far, I played a few games without any problems. The new icons are a breath of fresh air!
Overall I think Microsoft did well with Windows 11.

Start menu:

• Rep+
Reactions: Awsan

·
Registered
775 Posts
Can they still ensure random updates that I don’t want or requested still break my PC and cause me to reformat?
I think we both know the answer to that.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Gotta keep those graphic artist employed some how.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts