Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using Smart Defrag for quite a while before I ended up getting a new hard drive and Windows 7. I just went to download it and this Avast! warning pops up. Avast never reported it when I was on XP. Tried the download at CNet and Techspot as well, same result. Thoughts? I'm probably going to get Defraggler before 50 people recommend it.

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
There's a major problem with Avast tonight. It's reporting that Spybot Search & Destroy, Everest, and my Biostar BIOS updater program are all trojans. THAT exact trojan that your's is reporting. Right after it updated to the latest definition file too. Happening to both my computers, and also to my brother, who's in another state.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,936 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolical999
View Post

There's a major problem with Avast tonight. It's reporting that Spybot Search & Destroy, Everest, and my Biostar BIOS updater program are all trojans. Right after it updated to the latest definition file. Happening to both my computers, and also to my brother who's in another state.

Really? Hm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

If that's happening, then download it from here instead:

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

I tried like 3 different download links at that exact website haha. Same result.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,936 Posts

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulli85
View Post

Really? Hm.

Yeah, reporting the same "trojan" that your's is, after trying to open Everest. It's just a false positive. Their latest definitions file is buggy or something. Just gotta wait for the next update.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,936 Posts
Then it's time to get rid of Avast.

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Nah, just a false-positive problem with their latest update. No biggie. AVG occaisionally reports false positives too, so...

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,936 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolical999
View Post

Nah, just a false positive. No biggie.

Does this mean it's possible to tell Avast to stop bugging you about it?

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

View Post

Quote:

View Post

Does this mean it's possible to tell Avast to stop bugging you about it?

Didn't you say you were leaving in 30 minutes like an hour ago in my other thread? Haha.

I'd have to say that your suggestion to get rid of Avast is a bit extreme.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,936 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulli85
View Post

Didn't you say you were leaving in 30 minutes like an hour ago in my other thread? Haha.

I'd have to say that your suggestion to get rid of Avast is a bit extreme.

Extreme? Dude! If Avast were bugging me like that, and if I couldn't stop it, then I would get rid of it and switch to a different free one just as I said above! How is that extreme? I mean, nobody has told me yet if you can tell Avast to stop bugging you about that supposed Trojan!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,936 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Torch
View Post

You can click on the "Ignore" option when it pops up.

Yeah, but is that a one-time deal?

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Extreme? Dude! If Avast were bugging me like that, and if I couldn't stop it, then I would get rid of it and switch to a different free one just as I said above! How is that extreme? I mean, nobody has told me yet if you can tell Avast to stop bugging you about that supposed Trojan!
...I could have reported a false positive and downloaded SmartDefrag if I wanted to, I just chose not to. That is the only time Avast has ever given me a problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts