Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is IOLO System mechanic any good? I have had it for 2-3 years now and have not noticed much... of a difference. I have it on a Laptop and a XP Desktop.... it does seam to "fix" quite a few things with the registry and cleans the windows files better then disk clean-up.... I am debating on two things.

1. Should I install it on my Sig-Rig a Windows 7 -64-bit Ult OS

and

2. Should I renew my "subscription" come sometime next year?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
All of those system cleaning things you buy for $20 are gimmicks. It seems like a new one gets advertised on TV every month. There are readily available tools you can get that do the same thing or an even better job for free.

I would avoid registry cleaners altogether first off. It may delete something it deems unnecessary, and then a piece of software stop working. It isn't going to save you HDD space and it isn't going to make anything quicker.

I recommend CCleaner for purging all temp files if that's what you're after. It's free, proven, and gets updated pretty often. Scan with Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware every now and then, but most adware/spyware lives in your temp files, which will be cleared every time CCleaner mops up. I usually run CCleaner at least once a week, then scan with the other two and my antivirus about every month or two.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts