Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an iPhone 4 and I just noticed iOs 5 was out.
The thing is, I did reinstall windows a few times since the last update I did on my phone which means installing iOs 5 require me to delete everything on my phone.

Is there a way to access pictures, videos, music and my apps from a desktop ?
Any sotfware that would let me extract all those files ?

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Apps are saved to your Apple account, so no worry there.
For music, and videos, there is a program for that, can't remember the name off hand.
For pics, just hook your phone up to a computer and copy the pics over.

• Rep+
Reactions: Abs.exe

·
Registered
515 Posts
Backup your aps using itunes. You actually back them up to your itunes account. Same with itunes music. Everything pretty much sincs from itunes, which is the only thing i dislike about my iphone. I hate itunes. I pref WMA, as I have nearly 300gb of music backed up in that format already. But, I digress. You can also access your iphone as a storage device on windows and copy/paste to another folder. You shouldn't lose any contacts or texts.

·
Banned
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks both of you !
I've got a few movies and a few songs in there, which only 4 of all 2k songs were bought via itunes.
Will iTune allow me to sync what I currently have on my iPhone on my PC ?
I remember iTunes being stupid forcing you to do all or nothing, so by syncing my phone, I will have all the songs, videos, pictures and text/contact on my iTunes ?
Sorry I just don't want to lose everything ^^

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
OK, Sharepod is what I used to get all my music and movies off my iPod Touch before I updated it.

And I thought if you synched with a new computer your music and movies were wiped out?

·
Banned
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by blupupher;15279857
OK, Sharepod is what I used to get all my music and movies off my iPod Touch before I updated it.

And I thought if you synched with a new computer your music and movies were wiped out?
Exactly what I don't want, I want to keep those songs and movies ^^
Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

SharePod says it supports itune 10.1-10.2, I hope I can find that version.
EDIT: Sigh we're at 10.5
frown.gif

Any other free music/video extractor ?

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
I have heard media monkey will do it also, but not sure.
As for sharepod, I think it just needs itunes installed for the iPhone drivers to work, I don't think the actual version matters (but could be wrong, won't hurt to try it).

• Rep+
Reactions: Abs.exe
1 - 9 of 9 Posts