Overclock.net banner

Ip35-e no video after ram change

512 Views 15 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  MiniTuckin
Hey guys i sold my 2x2gb sticks to a buddy of mine and have 4x1gb sticks of Ballistix tracers here so i threw them in there. Now no video. I've reseated my video card. Cleared the Cmos. Left the battery out for at least a minute. Any help? I've also tried putting them in one-by-one and mix/match.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Increase the memory voltage and NB voltage.
Yup, the mobo isn't completing POST due to memory issues.

Remove all but one DIMM and try to POST again. Increase voltages, save, and shutdown. Install the rest of the memory then.
cant even get to bios
Keep booting with 1 stick inserted until it continues to post, then raise the VDIMM voltage to 2.1v and put the rest of the sticks in.
using one stick changes nothing

using Corsair ddr2-800 changes nothing either.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniTuckin
View Post

using one stick changes nothing

You have to keep trying until it posts. Or go out and buy another low voltage stick of memory.
See less See more
tried a cheap stick of ram. the same one i used when i got this board. still nothing.

also no lights come on my keyboard when it post or nothing from any usb ports. Something be wrong with my board?
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniTuckin
View Post

tried a cheap stick of ram. the same one i used when i got this board. still nothing.

I suppose you accidentaly unplugged or loosened a cable then. Check all your cables. I assume the PSU was turned off when you replaced the memory modules?
See less See more
yea everything was off and had been off for awhile. I'll check all my plugs again. Probably gonna disconnect the hdds and just try to get into the bios.
still nothing. i run all this HDMI so could that be a possibility? I can hook it up dvi or vga
take out battery and clear cmos while one dimm is installed in the second slot
tried that. the lights on my wireless desktop do not even light up when it gets turned on. Has the board crapped out on me?
put video card in new rig and working fine. Mobo problems? Open to suggestions.
do the lights on the board come on. your you sure the switch the psu in flipped on.
yes mobo lights up and when u press the power switch my w/c pump and all my hard drives spin up. Just nothing as far as usb, ethernet, lights up in the back.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.