Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What do I do!??! I got it on November 2010, do you guys think Apple will cover it, I still have warranty.

I have an Otterbox commuter case on it but, it somehow shattered inside?

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
This is why you don't buy Apple products. Anyways, Apple will probably cover it. It's not called a warranty for nothing.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would call up the otterbox people and complain to them. If your phone broke in their case I imagine that being their problem not entirely yours. I would call them up and see if they can do something for you.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
How'd you break it? I recently dropped my Droid X on rough asphalt from three feet high, and it sure as heck didn't shatter.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts

what happened? the glass is meant to be superstrong... what's the front like?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I'm at work so I can't see the pic

Put it on your ear so it cuts you then tell them and the news station that the battery exploded

·
OG AMD
8,954 Posts
This doesn't look like a warranty issue to me.This is what insurance is for.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Do you guys know how the case has something in the middle that is not covering the case, something hard hit that part and pretty much shattered the rest.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Try sending it in for warranty. I wonder though why Apple thought of glass to cover the back of the phone. Could have been the tough Gorilla Glass or just plain metal, but whatever.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Looks like you dropped it... Apple probably won't cover it.

Apple's products are designed for form, not reliability, but I guess that's pretty apparent when the phone has a glass plate on the back of the phone. That's why many people buy cases for Apple products.

If the front screen still works maybe you could get a thin rubber shield and call it a day. It'll also help the phone survive any second drops

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
EVERYONE uses those SUPER UGLY OtterBox cases. They really don't protect your phone as well as you think! My friend tossed his 3GS onto the pavement claiming his super chunky fugly OtterBox Defender wouldn't allow it to break.... Yah it broke, and the plastic on the back cracked too. I have my 3GS in a real carbon fiber clip-on shell from NavJack that looks dang slick and it has taken but one fall when my friends kid dropped it, the screen got a little scratch on it and the case absorbed the impact fine.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i got my iphone replaced twice. first time it was back in july and it had the yellow screen, got a new one no question asked. the replacement unit was fine but the power button was loose. i was fine with since there wasnt really a problem with it. until i accidentally dropped and chipped the front corner.

i just went to apple and said my power button is loose and it rattles when i shake it. got a new replacement

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Tell them the truth or find another flaw then exchange it.
I would just say that your "Super Strong" glass is a failure. Plus I hear apple's service is great so it shouldn't be that hard.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts