Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
(つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not exactly sure which mode its stuck in, but its the screen with the itunes logo and white usb plug.

I essentially want to wipe my jailbreak off and play around with iOS 5, but I can't seem to get out of it.

Also -- whenever I try to restore it through itunes it almost finishes, but i get the error 1013 error. any ideas guys?
redface.gif

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts

·
(つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't seem like its doing the trick man. thanks though.

Now im just getting the 3194 error

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoDared;15358705
Doesn't seem like its doing the trick man. thanks though.

Now im just getting the 3194 error
Just follow this little tutorial and you're golden to get rid of that annoying little error
smile.gif

(Disregard the iOS 4.3.3 information on that tutorial, it applies for iOS5 [and all other iOS versions for that matter]. I had the same issue upgrading my 3GS, after the tutorial it worked perfectly)

·
(つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7;15359815
Just follow this little tutorial and you're golden to get rid of that annoying little error
smile.gif

(Disregard the iOS 4.3.3 information on that tutorial, it applies for iOS5 [and all other iOS versions for that matter]. I had the same issue upgrading my 3GS, after the tutorial it worked perfectly)
Alright. ill try that too i guess. It seems like the iphone just keeps switching back and forth from power on/off to recovery, doesnt stay on for too long..

do you guys think i bricked it?
frown.gif

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoDared;15359903
Alright. ill try that too i guess. It seems like the iphone just keeps switching back and forth from power on/off to recovery, doesnt stay on for too long..

do you guys think i bricked it?
frown.gif
I highly doubt it. It's 99.9999999% impossible to brick an iPhone ever since DFU Mode was found, that's the end all be all safe passage to restoration.

If you want a really really easy restoration though, just install iTunes on another computer you've never used before to jailbreak [meaning the hosts file will be stock, nice and clean], and just restore through that other PC and you're set.

Best way to get your iPhone up and running quickly:
  1. Go to another PC / Laptop, install iTunes
  2. Kick iPhone into DFU Mode
  3. Plug it into the aforementioned new PC / laptop
  4. Restore
  5. Happy Dance? :3

·
(つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkypoo7
View Post

I highly doubt it. It's 99.9999999% impossible to brick an iPhone ever since DFU Mode was found, that's the end all be all safe passage to restoration.

If you want a really really easy restoration though, just install iTunes on another computer you've never used before to jailbreak [meaning the hosts file will be stock, nice and clean], and just restore through that other PC and you're set.

Best way to get your iPhone up and running quickly:
  1. Go to another PC / Laptop, install iTunes
  2. Kick iPhone into DFU Mode
  3. Plug it into the aforementioned new PC / laptop
  4. Restore
  5. Happy Dance? :3

I appreciate your feedback man, I actually did try doing that on my mom's laptop, but that was when my iphone kept shutting off and cycling.

None of these tools seemingly work either.. I feel like i'm SOL and this is the last thing i needed on my plate atm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts