Votes: 6 35.3%
  • AT&T

Votes: 11 64.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is better. All i need is basic 200mb of data, unlimited texting and like 450-700 minutes. Not sure which service is better, what would you guys do? Leave a reason as to why is also helpful.

Thanks,

·
Registered
776 Posts
Verizon. They are expensive as hell, but their coverage destroys AT&T. AT&T was only popular because they were the only ones who could sell the Iphone4 for awhile.

But, if you are not using the internet a lot. AT&T might be cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Just go with whatever carrier has better coverage in your area. If they're around the same, I suggest AT&T since they're cheaper (minimum $55/mo: 450mins + 200MB data).

I have AT&T service and I regularly get around 1.5~2Mbps down and 0.5~1Mbps up on 3G. I actually get better AT&T service in my office compared to Verizon. Back when I had a MiFi with Verizon, I had to place the MiFi on the highest cabinet to get signal. With AT&T, I can put my phone inside a drawer and I still get signal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imports>Muscles
View Post

How do people last through 200mb?

Quite easily if there's wifi. I checked my brother's usage (he's got wifi at school) and he uses around 20~150MB per month. The high usage isn't even his. That's me whenever I get a hold of his phone and update apps and stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imports>Muscles
View Post

I go through that in minutes or an hour.

You're probably doing a lot of music or video streaming then. For simple web browsing, email, etc, you'd be hard pressed to reach 200MB in a day. I remember monitoring it one time and one episode of Family Guy on Netflix (via iPad tethered to iPhone) was around 200MB.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
AT&T - voice and data at the same time. Win.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappycoreDJ;15308172
AT&T - voice and data at the same time. Win.
Yup. I still have the unlimited data plan (got it with the original iPhone), so I don't plan on switching any time soon
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I vote ATT. The duplex GSM antenna has been a huge upgrade from the 3GS antenna. I went from hardly any signal inside my brick house, to a solid 2.5mbs connection.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
If you prefer faster speeds and coverage (overall, varies by where you live) go with Verizon. I think AT&T is a bit cheaper and still has good coverage but not as good as Verizon.

What about Sprint?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Neither. Sprint is the only carrier that offers truly unlimited voice and data.

Between Verizon and AT&T, I'd say Verizon is the easy choice.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quasimojo
View Post

He doesn't need unlimited.

I vote Verizon for the best coverage which annihilates AT&T.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
It's 15$ plus msg on AT&T not sure about Verizon but it does have higher resale value .

I'm grandfathered unlimited plus unlimited family msg

·
Premium Member
9,379 Posts
depends on where you live.

If they all had equal coverage everywhere. I would choose ATT just because they are GSM based.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimojo;15312632

Sprint's network is awful, though. They won't roll out LTE until 2012 or complete that rollout until 2013, while Verizon's had LTE for some time now and ATT's just started to expand its own coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykhotic;15429379
How? The phones are identical.
AT&T phones purchased off contract are unlocked, so maybe that's what the poster was referring to? Not sure if this would be relevant to the OP.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just so you know the Verizon/Sprint CDMA version of the phone comes with a GSM radio also. So it has both CDMA and GSM. Not sure if you'll be able to get it unlocked nationally but take that for what it's worth. The ATT is has both also but they are less likely to unlock the CDMA radio since it takes a software change to the radio stack.

As for which one, it all depends on where you are located as coverage fluctuates. ATT's version is a little faster in data throughput, but Verizon has more 3G coverage nationally, period.

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts