Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a jailbroken iphone 3G on firmware 3.2 and for some reason last night my phone was fine had 4GB of space remaining then all of a sudden when i woke up this morning and plugged my iphone into itunes it shows that i have 4GB of (orange unknown) used space *** does this mean? i cant txt or do anything on my phone right now....

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD+nVidia View Post
Weird, have you tried restarting it?

Maybe restore from a backup?
Ive done a restart and respring and nether worked, And i cant perform a restore from backup because the computer i first synced with this iphone was over a year ago and now that PC is long gone so now whenever i try to sync it always says its gonna delete the current data and replace it with whatever else it says...

So ive always used MediaMonkey to do all my music/pic/movie syncing.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE:

Im now nolonger able to download apps or even use them as i have no (free space)

Im also missing about 54 apps out of the 68 i have on my iphone i can see them in itunes but on my iphone there gone?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by melterx12
View Post

I would just restore if I were you, thats sure to fix the problem.

Well of course that would fix the problem, Thing is i have over a year worth of stuff, contacts business stuff, apps, and so on, I cant even backup cause the PC i used with it first is no longer in use lets say, So if i restore ill lose everything hense why i wanna try to figure out the problem and correct it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaNe
View Post

Im running a jailbroken iphone 3G on firmware 3.2 and for some reason last night my phone was fine had 4GB of space remaining then all of a sudden when i woke up this morning and plugged my iphone into itunes it shows that i have 4GB of (orange unknown) used space *** does this mean? i cant txt or do anything on my phone right now....

i must ask if these apps were pirated.

if so, their "shortcut" gets deleted from you iPhone, while the file still remains, if you sync it with iTunes.

additionally, all apps from Cydia go to the "other space", as do the aforementioned apps.

seeing that post of yours, it looks like you should restore your firmware back to unjailbroken 3.2 and re-jailbreak it.

edit:
I am pretty sure you can sync contacts with multiple computers, If not you could try open-sshing into your phone and copying the files of your contacts. I'd post links, but not sure if thats against the ToS, but a google search should help you

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by eljitto
View Post

i must ask if these apps were pirated.

if so, their "shortcut" gets deleted from you iPhone, while the file still remains, if you sync it with iTunes.

additionally, all apps from Cydia go to the "other space", as do the aforementioned apps.

seeing that post of yours, it looks like you should restore your firmware back to unjailbroken 3.2 and re-jailbreak it.

edit:
I am pretty sure you can sync contacts with multiple computers, If not you could try open-sshing into your phone and copying the files of your contacts. I'd post links, but not sure if thats against the ToS, but a google search should help you

If that is the case thats odd that Cydia would apply my apps to my "other space" just out of no where but its starting to sound like i dont have much of a choice in restoring now.

Would you be able to supply me with links via PM?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts