Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Iphone wont turn on >.> i was useing it texting etc, then i lost service, and the service wouldnt come back on after like half an hour
so i rebooted it... Now it wont turn on ffs..

Well i searched google couldnt find anything helpful except, that other people with the problem took it to the genius bar and got a new one for free

its An White Iphone 3GS, well anyone think they know how to get it working?

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
This has happened to me recently. It ended up being dead completely.

Try plugging it into the charger and let it sit for an hour.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post
This has happened to me recently. It ended up being dead completely.

Try plugging it into the charger and let it sit for an hour.
yeah i did that, works down

i wanted a free new phone lulz

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ugh, decided i would restore it because i wanted to reset everything properly....

ITUNES: The Iphone "xxxxxx" cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found

·
Registered
130 Posts
did u jailbreak it? if you did then dont go to apple until u restore it to factory settings

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Put it in DFU mode and restore again. Plug the phone in to your computer while holding the Home button. iTunes should recognize it and restore it for you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I get error 13 when trying to restore. I gave on the damn thing. I'm getting rid of it, and going back to a Nokia phone that I at least know will work when I need it to.

BTW mine died the same exact way. I was in the middle of a text, and it completely lost service and I couldn't get it back no matter where I went. Which is unusual considering it normally would drop signal from full bar's on 3G to none randomly, but it would always come back after a few second's. After reset it would get stuck at the apple logo and burn through the battery in like 30-40 minutes. I finally got it to go into DFU, but itunes wouldn't see it at all the first 20 tries. Around try 3K or something like that, I got it to see it, but it would throw error 13 at me during restore.

Another polished turd from Apple. Business as usual for them. It's even worst, because the nearest Apple store is 80 miles away, and they will not let AT&T service or replace them.

Another reason for me to hate Apple.

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NidStyles View Post
Mine does the same thing. I get error 13 when trying to restore. I gave on the damn thing. I'm getting rid of it, and going back to a Nokia phone that I at least know will work when I need it to.

BTW mine died the same exact way. I was in the middle of a text, and it completely lost service and I couldn't get it back no matter where I went. Which is unusual considering it normally would drop signal from full bar's on 3G to none randomly, but it would always come back after a few second's. After reset it would get stuck at the apple logo and burn through the battery in like 30-40 minutes. I finally got it to go into DFU, but itunes wouldn't see it at all the first 20 tries. Around try 3K or something like that, I got it to see it, but it would throw error 13 at me during restore.

Another polished turd from Apple. Business as usual for them. It's even worst, because the nearest Apple store is 80 miles away, and they will not let AT&T service or replace them.

Omg my Sony Ericsson P1i died on me 3 months ago. I must hate Sony Ericsson now!

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NidStyles View Post

What? Products fail?

Seriously?

You mean when someones product happens to fail that means they're all automatically failures and everyone should hate them?

Right.

·
System *****
2,527 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post
What? Products fail?

Seriously?

You mean when someones product happens to fail that means they're all automatically failures and everyone should hate them?

Right.
Another thing, take it from me, I have repaired about 5,000 different iphones, and believe me when i say that most of the time, its a user problem.
It is exactly what happened to both of those incidents.

Keep your phone away from water and quit turning it INTO a polished turd.
Keep your phone away from bad temperature conditions.
Quit dropping your damn phone.

There are so many reasons apple iphones break down. 95% its the stupid people who cant take care of their stuff. I KNOW, I LOOK AT IPHONES ALL DAY.

The other 5% might be manufacturer defects.

·
Registered
797 Posts
wow chris. You're such a noob. I already explained to you on what to do if it gets stuck on boot. All you need to do is keep on hard rebooting and eventually, it'll boot into the springboard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts